Slider

Dream Job & #xvsdailylife2014 Week 38

Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Daily Tay

Dream job when you were little? What is it now?

I had a lot of dream jobs when I was a kid. I wanted to be a model, an actress, an ice skater in the winter and gymnast in the summer - thanks Olympic Games!
But at the end of the day I always wanted to do something with math. I loved math as a kid!
Now this is almost too embarrassing to admit, but when I was little I would go back and forth wanting to be either an accountant or a cashier.
Seriously.
Who wants to grow up to be a cashier?
I always loved playing with my toy cash register, making change, etc. But my favorite thing to do was "scan" items. I loved the belt that would move things and then I was able to pretend to scan them and enter info into the register. 
I know, odd. But it was so much fun when I was little! 

As an adult I have had a few different jobs from receptionist at a Mercedes Benz dealership to working at an insurance office to being a server (not for me!).
 But what I always fall back on and what I currently do today involves math.
I have spent the last 10 years working in the financial industry.
Not at all what I really thought I would be doing at 35, but if I look back to my childhood dreams...I am right on track :)
Funny how things come full circle and you don't even realize it!

I would love to hear in the comments below what your dream job was compared to what you do now.
Do you have a job in the field you studied for?



Week 38
 Day 267 ~ Came home from Texas to find this awesome handmade scarf in the mail from Deena :)
This blog world has introduced me to so many other bloggers that I honestly call friends :)


 Day 268 ~ Found this on Pinterest today and it was exactly what I needed to see.


 Day 269 ~ The boys are sleeping so I was enjoying watching the new Modern Family in peace and quiet.


Day 270 ~ My date for Cy & Tara's wedding :) #lovehim

Day 271 ~ I have a serious pumpkin problem!
#psl #chocolatechippumpkinspicemuffins
#dinnerinapumpkin

 Day 272 ~ Enjoyed an afternoon coffee while I got some "work" done ;)
#nationalcoffeeday

Day 273 ~ Where is X? :)



9 comments:

  1. I wanted to be an ice skater too!!! Especially after seeing Nancy Kerrigan on the Olympics!!! That scarf looks so cozy and warm! I also love that quote, I am saving it, and its a great thing to read daily

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I used to want to be a cashier, too! Like not even kidding. Or a bank teller, I thought it would be so cool!!! ;) that is too funny. Glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is always playing with her toy register too! ..I am currently searching for a career related job, hopefully by next year I'll have a job in the field I studied!

    stopping over via the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always loved scanning things too.....it was like a dream come true when self checkout came around! Marh was my favorite too....majored in accounting but happy to be a recovering acct working in the much more flexible and creative finance and budget world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha this is hilarious because I loved pretending to be a cashier too. My grandma would come shopping in my "store" and as I scanned things I'd say "beep!" Sounds like we had some big goals, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the scanning part too! Too funny. I always wanted to be a veterinarian for years but then realized at a young age that I was allergic to all mammals (not even joking, even mice, my friend had a pet mouse and I picked it up and his tail sort of wrapped around my wrist and you bet my wrist broke out into a rash). Then I wanted to President of the United States for a while, then I found out I could never be that because I wasn't born in the U.S. and am a naturalized citizen. Then I wanted to be an ichthyologist till I realized I was deathly afraid of the ocean at 16. LOL. Not that you wanted to know my whole history. My job now I just happen to do through process of elimination in college, I was good at math. Engineering seemed to fit. Not my dream job, but I don't hate it, so that's something, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and I have always wanted to be a waitress, just never got the chance. I still feel like I missed my calling in high school/ college, LOL.

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh I wanted to be a lot of things. One thing that stuck was the idea of helping people and I loved school so I went into teaching. I loved loved loved it! But when I became a mommy I really wanted to stay home. We took that leap and began working from home as a complete surprise to myself as a Beachbody coach. I get the best of both worlds--helping people and being with my kids. My hubby is a math guy too--loves numbers. Went into accounting and it has led him down some very neat paths!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh accountancy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts