Slider

Grab your boots folks, we are in Nashville

Thursday, October 24, 2013

I LOVE NASHVILLE!!!
I mean, I enjoy cowboy boots, country music, karaoke...
how could I not like Nashville?!?!

We left the smokies early Friday morning and headed to Music City for our final 2 days of vacation.
Honestly, I was waiting for these 2 days the entire week!
We arrived downtown about 10:30am and decided to park the car and head down to Broadway.
This is the street for bars, shops, people watching, etc.



We walked in a few boot shops before stopping for some lunch at the Wildhorse Saloon. It is a 3 story bar/restaurant/concert venue. Unfortunately, they didn't have any live music while we were there but it was still a great piece of Nashville to visit.
Our server told us they do line dancing lessons every night at 5:30pm and live music starts at 7pm.
Oh, and the ribs were AMAZING!!!
Can't lie...Tennessee BBQ is my absolute favorite!!!



After lunch we headed to over to the Country Music Hall of Fame before checking into our hotel.

We began our visit at the Reba exhibit.

I love southern rock!

Guitars and hat from one of my faves...Brad Paisley.

My absolute favorite girl group...Dixie Chicks!!!


The wall of gold/platinum records was too cool for words.

We stayed at the Opryland Hotel and it was gorgeous!
And super huge!!!
There are multiple restaurants, wedding ceremony areas, shops, and more.
My photos won't do this place justice, but you must see it!









Day 2 was just more of the same fun.
We walked around the rest of our hotel (it seriously is huge), ate some more delicious food (so good, but so expensive),
and checked out of few of the little shops.
While we didn't actually go to a show at the Opry, we decided to at least check it out. We missed getting to go on a tour by 20 minutes :(, but it was still a good time checking out the shop and outside area.




He kind of has a thing for Hayden ;)

We enjoyed a nice dinner downtown and picked up my cowboy boots I talked about here before heading back to our hotel for the night.

Downtown Nashville

A few more photos of the hotel before we said goodnight...

The lobby of our hotel was massive!



The hotel rooms lit up in the evening, with a restaurant below them.

Mic and I had a fun, yet relaxing week in Tennessee.
The Smoky Mountains are a great place for a family vacation and Nashville is just plain awesome!
Hope you enjoyed hearing about my trip to both places.
I would love to hear about any road trips or vacations you have planned!
Email me or leave a comment below :)



post signature

4 comments:

  1. So jealous!! I want to go so bad, it's planned for next November but I just can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love love Nashville! If I werent married I would totally be living there!!!

    I have a bunch of friends living down there and my sister is only 2 hrs away!

    I have never been to the Opry or OpryLand....next trip I have that on my list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome that you have friends and family near Nashville! I would be visiting all the time :)

      I plan on going back to see a show at the Opry!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts