Slider

Vacation Packing Tips

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Is it just me, or does everyone over pack when going on vacation?
You just never know what mood you will be in, how you are feeling that day, etc.
Today I have a few packing tips for you that will help you stay less stressed when packing for vacation, and will keep your hubby off your back ;)




1. Pick a color theme
I have especially done this when we have to travel out of town for a wedding.
I almost always wear a dress for the wedding that fits the colors of the wedding (without looking like I'm in the wedding).
From there I build my additional outfits needed for the rest of the days.
My dress was brown for a wedding we attended in Michigan, so I selected all outfits and shoes that had a brown base.

Another time (most the time), I picked black as my base.
Most people have black and brown in their wardrobe, so it should be easy to use those.
If you are someone that has a lot of blue, green or any other color - you could use those as your base colors.
The possibilities are endless.


2. Plan out each outfit
If we are going to be gone for 10 days, I plan a full outfit for each day.
That means top & shorts (or dress), underwear, bra, socks (if needed), and shoes.
I even pack them as outfits if I am going somewhere where I have to work out of my suitcase instead of a closet or dresser.

I'm a shorts girl when going somewhere warm for vacation.
If laundry isn't an option, I pack at least one pair of shorts for each day (from take-off to return).
From there I plan a casual top with each of them.
I know I won't be going out to fancy dinners each day, so I pick about 3-4 dressier tops that will also pair with some of the shorts I am bringing.
Don't have enough shorts for each day?

Throw a few dresses into the mix and you are good to go!


3. Limit jewelry and accessories
This one is easy for me because I don't wear a lot of jewelry.
But if you like to, try to stick with inexpensive pieces in case they get lost/taken/broken.
Pair a couple necklaces, bracelets, earrings that go with the majority of the items you are packing so you can mix and match throughout your vacation.
I also try to stick to just a couple of hats or handbags that go with everything.


3. Pick no more than 5 pairs of shoes that can go with the outfits
I try to have the following shoes with me on when going to the beach for vacation.
Sneakers
Flip flops (beach/pool only)
Black and/or brown casual sandals
Nicer pair of sandals that fit my color theme

I used to bring a small laundry basket full of sandals on vacation every year when I first met Mic.
I realized I don't need all those.
Plus, by not packing all those extra shoes it gives you some room in the car or your suitcase to bring home something new :)


These tips are definitely easier when you can predict the weather for where you are going on vacation.

One last tip I have for you...
Always over pack underwear!!!
You will never regret having too many ;)

Thank you so much to Andrea @ Living on Cloud Nine for the idea for this post today :)


XOXO ~ Vanessa


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts