Slider

Good Eats | Easy Blueberry Cobbler

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Summertime desserts always have me wanting blueberries, apples or watermelon.
I had a craving for blueberries recently, so I thought a blueberry cobbler sounded so good!
I have made cobblers before, but a lot of the time I will just buy the bag of mix and throw it on top of the apple or blueberry mixture.

But I was looking for something more from scratch this time around.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a shot.

So, so good!


Here is what you need to make the original recipe size:
(I cut the recipe in half when I made it)

4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon baking powder


Start by preheating the oven to 325*.
In a mixing bowl combine blueberries and lime (or lemon juice) and set aside.


Pour melted butter in your 9 x 13 baking dish.


In a second mixing bowl combine flour and sugar.


Add milk, buttermilk, and vanilla and whisk together.
Whisk in baking powder.


Pour mixture over butter. DO NOT stir into butter.


Pour blueberry mixture over batter. Again, DO NOT stir.


Bake for 40-50 minutes or until center is set and edges are golden brown.
(Mine took about 65 minutes to set.)


Serve with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Serves approximately 12.


I baked mine earlier in the day, so the cobbler was room temperature when I served it with ice cream.
But you could always warm it in the microwave quickly before putting your ice cream on top.

Honestly, this recipe was super easy!
No mixer or lots of baking tools needed.

This would be perfect for a summer get together or holiday!

What types of desserts do you enjoy in the summer months?

Don't forget to link your recipes below :)

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday!!!


XOXO ~ Vanessa


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts