Slider

10 Questions | much ado about Jenny

Thursday, March 5, 2015

It is Thursday, and that means we are Thinking Out Loud!
Today I am playing 10 questions with a girl I could easily call my new BFF in North Carolina, Jenny :)
Now let's play...

1. What is your favorite NC dish?


This isn’t really a NC dish but it started all here in my great state.  If you’ve never experienced the exciting moment of the “Hot Now” sign at Krispy Kreme being on when you are driving by, then you just haven’t experienced life!  Now there may be KK’s sold in the grocery store where you live but there is nothing like going to a KK store and watching the doughnuts ride the belt through the fryer and make its final trek through the water fall of glaze.  I’ve dreamed several times about sticking my tongue under this waterfall—like for reals.  I’m salivating as I tell y’all this.  It’s euphoric almost!  And the saying, “You can’t eat just once” should only pertain to a box of fresh out of the fryer KK’s.

I must admit, I am always enticed by that sign when going past a KK.
However, I am not a huge donut fan. And I really don't like glaze. 
Can we still be friends Jenny? ;)

2. Where are your ancestors from? Do you celebrate that? (ie. St. Patrick's Day, Oktoberfest)
My father’s side is Native American, more specifically Lumbee Indian.  OK, now don’t laugh but I asked my sister this and all she could remember from my mother’s side is my grandmother saying “They came over on a boat.”  Now although I’m not related by genes to any cool celebratory occasions like St. Patty’s or Oktoberfest---I will never turn down an excuse for a reason to have a good pint.

3. What is your favorite drink at Starbucks?
Ooh, Starbucks--oh, how I love you!  I have two favorites when it comes to Starbucks and I rarely deviate from it unless it is in the Fall and Pumpkin Spice Lattes trump everything!  Praise the Lord for PSL!  Outside of the Fall time frame, my favorite morning pick me up is Vanilla Ice Coffee with non-fat milk and my favorite afternoon pick me up is Green Tea Lemonade Unsweet.

PSL's have my heart! Seriously, why don't they make them year round?

4. McDonald's or Burger King?
McDonald's--although it's rare that I ever eat there myself.  I will however swing through for a Large Sweet Tea.

5. How do you make your sweet tea?
 Sweet Tea—or “House Wine of the South” is a staple in every good Southerner’s fridge.  To make: Boil 8 cups of water, Steep 4 family size tea bags, Remove bags, Stir in 2 cups of Sugar while it’s warm (y’all said sweet, right?), add enough water to make a gallon.  Next step is to fill a mason glass, add a paper straw, relax, sit on your front porch and invite your friends over to “Sit a spell”.  Said in my truest of Southern accents :)

Sit a spell? While I love the south, I don't know if I could ever get used to the phrases ;)
I don't even know how to add y'all, bless her heart, etc. into my conversations. lol!

6. Essie or OPI?
OPI.  My favorite color is Sweet Heart (a sheer pale pink).

7. What is your all-time favorite TV show?
Favorite all-time show EVER is Friends.  I have seen every single episode I don’t know how many times and even had a picture frame on my door at my old house to look like Monica & Rachel’s place.  Heck, I even had the Rachel hair cut.  Oh, and yes, I am searching for my “Lobster”.

Believe it or not, I only watched an episode or two when Friends was actually on the air.
I watched a few here and there in reruns, but have never been able to get into it.
But I totally loved the Rachel haircut! Monica's too!

8. Apple or Android?
Apple.  Although I'm not technologically savvy at all.  

9. What song would you pick when it is your turn for karaoke?
I don't do karaoke very often.  And if you see me doing karaoke, rest assured that there is a lot of liquid courage backing me up.  BUT when I do, it is always--and I mean always Cher's, "If I Could Turn Back Time."  I have the hair whip and lip curl and everything.  It's a riot.  Thank you Jesus for sweet friends that have never recorded any of those shenanigans.  Oh, and yes, I did secretly want this outfit! 

You are a brave girl!!!
I love singing karaoke, but I don't think I could muster up enough liquid courage to sing a Cher song!
And that outfit!!! I swear I saw she rocked that outfit not too long ago and she is in her 60's! Crazy!

And of course
10. Who were you in high school?
I loved High School!  I was a social butterfly and I believe it was during this time that I fine tuned my “talking a lot” skills.  I was fearless, carefree and never thought twice about trying something new.  Best H.S. memory was the Summer before my Senior year, my daddy surprised me with my most very favorite and dreamiest car ever—a white 1985 Volkswagen Cabriolet, just like the one in “Can’t Buy Me Love”.  I thought I couldn’t be cooler!  I even had a personalized front tag that said “Jenn’s Cabriolet”.  

Your picture totally takes me back to high school! Love it!
Bangs were so cool back then!
And I am so, so jealous that you had the Can't Buy Me Love car!!!
As kid I would daydream about having the car when I turned 16 :)


Thank you so much to Jenny for playing 10 Questions with me!
I loved getting to know her better and I hope you did too!
If you want to play along just shoot me an email at leota6@gmail.com

And don't forget to stop by tomorrow to enter my anniversary giveaway!


X-tremely V
#ThinkingOutLoudThursdays

And one more thing before you go!
Click here to enter to win a copy of Barbie in Princess Power!
SYNOPSIS:
Barbie stars as Kara, a modern-day princess with an everyday life. One day, after being kissed by a magical butterfly, Kara soon discovers she has super powers allowing her to transform into Super Sparkle, her secret, crime-fighting alter ego who flies around the kingdom ready to save the day! But it’s not long before her jealous cousin catches the butterfly and also transforms – this time into Dark Sparkle, her nemesis. Their rivalry takes to the skies, but when they discover the kingdom’s true enemy, can they put aside their differences to form one super team? Soar to new heights and discover that there’s no greater power than the power of friendship!







5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so much fun and I am so glad I got to do this with you. I'm going to overlook your "unlove" for glaze & Friends and as for the "Southernisms", I could totally have you converted in no time at all--you'd be saying y'all in a jiffy minute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Jenny is so sweet!! :) I am cracking up over the southern sayings!!! I don't even realize how bad I am until I hear myself on a video and I do say y'all a lot!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh a girl after my own heart- Krispy Kreme donuts are AMAZING!!!! Glazed are my favorites. Would you believe I've still never had a Starbucks PSL?!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts