Slider

2020 Friday Favorites Week #12

Friday, March 20, 2020

Welcome back for another round of our best moments from this past week!

Linking up with Andrea, Narci & Erika for Friday Favorites!



This week has been all about adjusting to our new normal.
X no longer going to school.
Me working from home...AND trying to figure out how to be a teacher over night.
It's not for me folks.
I don't have the patience for it at all.
But this is where we are at.

We woke up Monday morning with the following plan:
Casually eat breakfast and get dressed for the day.
Then hop on all the websites we could for X to get his reading/phonics and math lessons done.
Break time for X while I get office work done.
Lunch
Quiet time = reading one of his books and back to office work for me.
Then it was free time for X the rest of the night.



Thankfully we quickly popped out of the house on Monday for a much needed haircut for X.
We treated ourselves to some frozen custard and headed back home.
I wanted to take a quick pic of X with his new do', but I realized that it was already messed up from wearing his gaming headphones :/


Other things we have done this first week of quarantine:
Wash, dry, fold, hang/put away every single bit of laundry we have.
Holy crap!
I swear I have done a good 15 loads or more this week!
We made sure to wear all the green things on St. Patrick's Day and made Shepard's Pie for dinner :)




And because this home school mom doesn't have any craft supplies on hand whatsoever, we pulled out the Legos to complete one of the daily school challenges this week :)


We cleaned, vacuumed, dusted, etc.
All things that we barely can find time for during our normal week.

To stay sane I am also getting a daily workout in as well ;)
There are so many good ones on YouTube to do for free if you are interested.
I am currently loving all the ones from Heather Robertson.


My coffee intake has gone up a bit, but I have yet to have any alcohol so I call that a huge WIN! lol!

In other news, I shared some new earrings I received from Baubles by B this week.



Head here to check out my full post and grab my exclusive discount code!

Other than that we are just hunkering down at home.
Mic goes into the office daily, but is only conducting appointments over the phone.
Encounters are kept to the bare minimum since we only have one employee.

As for me and X, we only leave the house to get the mail out the mailbox :)
Better safe than sorry is my motto!

Hope you all are adapting to whatever your new normal is these days.
Praying that there is a cure for this sickness very soon, and that you all stay healthy.
As one of my good friends always says, this too shall pass.


XOXO ~ Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. You sound like you are adapting well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This coming week will be a challenge!:🙏🏼 It goes well!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts