Slider

What's Up January!

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Hey! Hey! I can't believe we are already through the first month of the new year!
Crazy how fast that went!
It's time to link up with Sheaffer and Shay for What's Up Wednesday!


What we're eating this week...

Monday - Spaghetti
Tuesday - Chicken tenders and veggies
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday  - Tacos and Basmati Rice
Friday - Out with Friends
Saturday - Girls Night Out
Sunday - Super Bowl Food!

Speaking of Super Bowl food...here is a super easy dip to make that everyone will love!

Ingredients:
1 can of Hormel chili (no beans)
1 jar of medium salsa (I use Chi-Chi's salsa)
1 8oz. package of softened cream cheese

Toss all your ingredients in a slow cooker on high.
Stir periodically until completely blended.
Switch your slow cooker to the warm setting and serve with tortilla chips (Scoops work really well).
Easy peasy!


What I'm reminiscing about...

How could I not think about this cuteness during Super Bowl week?



This guy was just 2 months old getting ready to watch his very first Super Bowl!


What I'm loving...



I'm a TV junkie friends!
I absolutely love that one of my favorite shows is back (even though it is the final season)!
If you aren't watching Schitt's Creek what are you waiting for?
Seriously the funniest show on TV!!!


What we've been up to...

Basketball, basketball, basketball!

We had a night off from basketball practices and games, so we decided to see the Harlem Globetrotters earlier this month!


X celebrated the birthday of a new friend :)


We are enjoying a fairly mild winter so far.
(Fingers crossed it stays that way!)



And we're trying to make decisions on lighting for the house.
Why is lighting so hard?!?!





What I'm dreading...

Nothing at the moment :)



What I'm working on...

Image result for water

Drinking more water!
I typically drink close to 8 glasses of water a day, but my body is telling me I need a lot more!
In the winter everything feels dry, so I am doing my best to up my water game.


What I'm excited about...

We booked our summer vacation at the end of December/beginning of January.
Not going to lie, I'm excited but nervous.
We are going to the Outer Banks for the first time.
So who has been there?
Give me all the things I need to know - places to eat, visit, etc.
We are staying in the Rodanthe area if that helps.

Image result for rodanthe nc


What I'm watching/reading...

I started watching Make It or Break It because I had nothing to watch, and I needed a Candace Cameron Bure fix while I wait for the final episodes of Fuller House ;)

Image result for make it or break it

I finished it just in time for all my shows that are returning :)
Now I'm watching Riverdale, Very Cavallari, This Is Us, A Million Little Things, and Blue Bloods.



I bought a couple of the books by Candace Cameron Bure at the beginning of last year after I listened to one of her books on Audible. 
I decided to finally start reading them ;)
Currently I'm reading Reshaping It All and it is great!


What I'm listening to...

Related image

I mentioned in my 2020 Goals that I want to be more intentional with my time.
So currently I am listening to an online course on planning my blog content, branding, etc. to allow me to give you better content that truly represents me.
While I have done much better at planning for what I want to share on this space, I would still love your feedback.
Let me know in the comments below if there is anything that you would like to see more of, less of, etc.


What I'm wearing...

I started sharing the outfits I am recreating and wearing every Wednesday.
Here are the looks for this past month...





I would love for you to join me every Wednesday with your style related posts :)
Don't forget to check out today's PinSpiration post!


What I'm doing this weekend...

Going out to dinner with friends,
Enjoying a much needed Girls Night Out,
and Watching the Super Bowl!!!!
Who are you rooting for this weekend?

Image result for super bowl 2020


What I'm looking forward to next month...

While I love watching X play all the sports, this mom is ready for a break!
Basketball season will come to an end the first week of February and then we have a little time off before things start up again :)


What else is new...

I have a few new series around here and I would love for you to join me!
Every Wednesday - PinSpiration!
Second Tuesday of the month - Good Eats!
Third Thursday of the month - Let's Stay Home
Last Monday of the month - The Feels


Thanks for stopping by today!


XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts