Slider

Summer Vacation 2019 Part 2

Thursday, August 1, 2019

I'm back with part 2 of our summer vacation today!

I left off where we just received the call that our home for the week was ready for us!
And screamed South Carolina in the best way possible!


We knew the house wasn't on the beach, but we didn't know we would be able to see the beach/ocean from our front porch!
It was beautiful!


The home was three stories, with the top two being the living quarters.
On the backside of the house were two screened in porches with views of the marsh and inlet.
Unfortunately, the screens show up in the photos.
But the views were spectacular!



X was a big fan of the all the porches!




After unloading all of our things, we chilled for a bit before heading out for a late lunch and some grocery shopping.

Sunday we casually woke up and got ready for the beach!
We stayed in a private community/island called Harbor Island.
Due to some of the hurricanes that have come through the area in recent years, there were some abandoned homes right along the water.
Because it is a small island you basically have the beach to yourself.
And I thought there weren't many people in Murrells Inlet over the years we went there!
That place looks heavily populated compared to Harbor Island!
We set up shop right next to one of the homes :)


It was definitely LOW TIDE while we were there! lol!


Unfortunately, it was windier than we would have liked that day so we headed to the pool for the rest of the afternoon.
Later, we cleaned up and headed to the Fish Camp for a late dinner.
This was hands down our favorite restaurant/meal of the week!






X ordered the chicken fingers, but tried every single thing Mic and I had on our plates!
He walked away liking crab legs and peel and eat shrimp!
It was too hot to sit outside to eat, but it sat right on the water with an amazing view.


X really wanted to play basketball, so the next morning the guys hit the courts for a bit while I took an hour long walk around the island.



I'd like to say I was glowing after my walk, but let's be truthful here.
I WAS DRENCHED IN SWEAT!
90+ degrees mixed with 90+% humidity = Drowned rat!


Another view of the marsh looking back towards our house while on my walk.


We were all hot and sweaty after that, so we cleaned up and headed out for lunch and a little shopping in Beaufort.
We really wanted to try The Shrimp Shack, but it was only open each day from 11am- 2pm.
So that is where we headed to try out there fresh fried shrimp, clam strips, shrimp burgers, etc.
It really was good!

We then walked through a few shops in Beaufort before heading back home.
I had heard so much about the Sweet Tea Float from the Scout Southern Market that I had to give it a try.
Mic ordered the peach sorbet in his, and I had the lemon sorbet.
It melted perfectly into my sweet tea!
So good!


We headed to the pool for awhile before having a relaxing evening at the house.



I originally thought this was just going to be a two part summary of our vacation.
I realize now that I have WAY too many pictures and such for that.
Stop back on Monday for the 3rd and final part of our trip!

XOXO ~ Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a nice vacation. Where did you get your AC/DC hat?
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was really nice 😊 My hat is super old (probably at least 10 years), but I originally found it at Target. You might be able to find something similar on Amazon ☺️

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts