Slider

Our Home Renovation | Update #1

Thursday, August 8, 2019

It's (finally) time for another home update!
If you didn't see my first post revealing all the before photos, head here now :)


So we left off with about 90% of the house being torn down.
EEK!
It went from this...




To this...


The original basement was super small.
It was for storage only.
We wanted more storage space, but we also wanted livable space.
Plus, we needed a place for a furnace, water heater, etc.


So our basement will be two levels.
Not necessarily by choice, but more for support/structure purposes.


Fast forward who knows how long and the base floor joists and sheathing, and first floor framing were starting to be put in place.



Things were moving great at this point.
But then we hit a minor measurement snag, that turned into a very long time of nothing going on 😭

So fast forward more time 😢 and we are back in motion 🙏
Honestly, I pray every single day that there aren't any more hiccups.

Measurement issues were fixed and framing and sheathing went back up for the first floor!
First floor interior walls were framed, and the second floor joists were being put in place 😊


About a week later the floor, the framing and sheathing were all up/down for the second floor 😄



We have a long way to go before things are done, but I am so thankful things are moving forward.
I am also thankful we caught the issue when we did!
I just keep praying that things will continue to move smoothly/correctly/quickly 😉

Each Thursday I will be sharing my room inspiration and home updates in my new Our Home Renovation series.
Make sure to come back each week to check it out!
Or subscribe to my email list so you never miss a new post 😊

Have you ever remodeled/built a home?
I would love to hear what your favorite and least favorite parts of the process are/were in the comments below.

XOXO ~ Vanessa

4 comments:

  1. That is one major renovation project! Can't wait to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! It so needed it! I can't wait for it to all be done 😊

      Delete
  2. I've been dying to see the progress! I can't imagine living through it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been good, yet crazy! I'm so thankful we have been able to do this....but I don't want to do it ever again! 🤣

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts