Slider

My Teen Style | Shoes

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Basically everything from my teen years is making a comeback or recently just came back into style.
I was in middle school and then high school in the 90's.
I'm talking baby doll dresses, combat boots, flannels, wider leg jeans, cropped tops.
In a nutshell, every outfit or style from the movie Clueless was cool!


Not gonna lie, I totally rocked the look above in high school!


Today I am showing you items that I rocked all those years ago,
and I love that they are back in style and I can wear them today!
If I wasn't wearing my cheerleading uniform and shoes or softball uniform and cleats, you would probably catch me in one of these types of shoes.


Combat Boots

I had boots super similar to the ones below.
They tied in the front, had zippers on the sides, and just were SO COOL!



I wore them with everything!
But the best combination was those boots and baby doll dresses :)


Now you probably aren't going to see me wearing a baby doll dress anytime soon....it does nothing for my shape!
But I have been wearing my new version of combat boots any chance I get!




Birkenstock Sandals

Another shoe that has made a huge comeback are Birkenstock sandals.
I didn't have Birks back in high school...I don't think anyone did.
But we wore some super similar dupes back then.
And almost 90% of the time they were tan suede like the ones below.







Unfortunately, one thing that did happen quite often back then was this...


The dreaded socks and sandals look!
It is horrible!
Again, not gonna lie to you....I did wear mine like this back then.
You weren't allowed to wear open toed shoes to school, but we somehow were allowed to wear these with socks.
So literally EVERYONE did it!
Typically it was with jeans, not shorts.

Another time most people wore this look was when you were dressed for a game (softball, basketball, etc.) and weren't allowed to wear your game shoes outside or in the school (no cleats on the gym floor).
Typically then we wore our uniform socks with some sort of sport sandal.
But every now and then you would see people rocking these sandals.

So while you won't be seeing me rock that lovely look above in the near future,
I will be wearing my Birk dupes I recently picked up on Amazon!



I can't wait to wear these this summer!

I actually quickly threw them on to take a picture of me wearing them, but it wasn't pretty!
I need a tan and a pedicure before I can post those pictures! lol!


Now I want to know what clothing items, shoes or accessories do you still wear from your teens?
Is it a style that recently came back or something you never could part with?
I would love to hear in the comments below!


Don't forget to link up your post with us at The Blended Blog or use #TBBStyle on Facebook or Instagram!


Thanks for stopping by today!

XOXO ~ Vanessa

4 comments:

  1. I feel like 90's style was so much better than 80's! It's crazy how everything's coming back though. And those camo birkenstock's are pretty perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like the 90's much more than the 80's style. I can't wait to wear those sandals!

      Delete
  2. We had the exact same style in high school- I loved my combat boots too.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts