Slider

Friends, Fashion, Forty & Football!

Friday, January 19, 2018

Linking up with Erika, Narci & Andrea for...

Happy Friday!
I am looking forward to the weekend, but before I get to that let me back up and review some of our favorites from the past week.

We woke up last Friday morning to this...
And we got a message that school was cancelled.
Seriously?
By the end of the school day all that land above was covered in snow and ice.
It was almost 60* when I took that picture above and by the time I got home on Friday after work things were covered and the temp was about 40* lower :(
While I still thought it was kind of nuts they cancelled things, X was living the best life!
He has now declared that snow days are his favorite ;)

We spent the long weekend doing a whole lot of nothing honestly.
I mean, this kid was still in his pj's at 3pm on Saturday!
But he didn't care as long as he was doing one of his favorite activities...popping bubble wrap!

Nordstrom Rack had quite a few of my favorite brand of jeans on sale for less than $36 a pair!
So I ordered a few and they arrived over the weekend :)


Neither of my guys were hungry for lunch, so I did what any logical person would do.....I ate some of my favorite veggies in the pot I cooked it in to help out the person who does the dishes...me! ;)


I know some of you swear by leggings and such when you are at home, but this is my favorite/go-to outfit when I am not in dress clothes...
Give me a graphic tee and distressed jeans any day of the week over leggings and yoga pants!


My mail box was frozen shut on Saturday, so when I checked things on Sunday I found this new super cozy and soft sweatshirt/sweater had arrived!
Jen actually pointed this out on her blog/instagram as a similar and much cheaper option to the coveted one from A&F.
I ordered mine on Amazon for about $22.
I followed her link, and while everyone else said their order arrived super fast...mine shipped from China!
It did get here before the expected date, but definitely caught me by surprise.
With that said....I still love it!
I typically where a medium in tops/sweaters, but I ordered a large based on the reviews.
So glad I did because it fits perfect!
I would size up two sizes if I were going to wear it with leggings though for more length.


We were going a bit stir crazy (well, really it was just me), so we hopped in the car and decided to go for a ride.
We ended our little trip with some dinner before heading home.
He wanted me to take his picture with his eyes closed so it looked like he really was enjoying his food. lol!


On Tuesday I brought more truth to the blog and shared some confessions.
Check it out here and let me know if you are with me or against me :)


So I posted this on my stories the other day, but no one responded.
Not sure if they were too scared to do so, or if they couldn't really see the question.
What do you think of this skirt?
I love the look of it and it is only $20!
Should I get it?

I actually have a few lefty's in my life, but this one is my favorite!
Love watching him write his name and do his homework!

I assume you have all heard this new song by Bruno Mars, but if you haven't yet take a listen....

Now check out my question below...
Am I right?
Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot but WOW does it sound like Bobby Brown to me!
And throw in the girls from TLC and I would have thought they were back! lol!


And now for my Instagram favorites of the week...



That is it for the week!
Due to the weather last week basketball was cancelled, so we are looking forward to X going to his first basketball practice tonight.
And then we are hanging out with some of our best friends for a fun evening of pizza, laughs, and more!


And then tomorrow we are celebrating this guy turning the big 4-0!!!!
We are of course keeping it super low key because he doesn't care.
So fingers crossed I can get him to at least go out to dinner!

And then Sunday is playoff football!

New England Patriots vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
and
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Minnesota Vikings

Who are you cheering for?

What are your plans for the weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts