Slider

Self Care

Monday, January 22, 2018

Being an adult is hard work.
Being a wife and mom is even harder work.
But if you know how to take good care of yourself, I truly believe you can be pretty darn good at them!

Now don't get me wrong, I don't have this adult/wife/mom thing figured out my any means.
But I do have a few tips or tricks that help keep me sane through it all ;)


1. Move Around
I say move around versus workout, because I know some of you don't like working out.
So move around, do yoga, take a workout class, get outside and take a walk, dance to the radio.
Whatever it is, do it for at least 30 minutes a day and it will instantly put you in a better mood and frame of mind.


2. Grocery Shop Alone
Going to the grocery store is not something I would call fun at all, but it needs to be done.
I typically go on Sunday morning by myself.
I have my grocery list on my phone, I grab one of my favorite drinks from the Starbucks in the store, and then tackle the store.
It isn't terribly busy on Sunday mornings, so it is calming.
When I don't have X with me (or even Mic), I can get in and out of the store, I don't have to stop and check things out, and by going that early I don't run into anyone that I have to stop and talk to.
It is great!
If you order your groceries online, pick them up by yourself.
It just gives you that little bit of time away that is helpful :)


3. Invest In Things That Make You Feel Good
That could mean so many things really.
What makes you feel confident and on top of things?
For me, that means my hair and skin.

The hair salon I go to is a bit pricier, but that is where my stylist is.
Kasey always makes my hair look good!
And because I know I am getting a good cut and color done by her, I feel good!


I also invest in my skincare items.
The older I get I notice that some of the drugstore brands just don't work as well as they used to for me.
I have tried a few other brands over the last couple of years, but I kept coming back to Rodan and Fields because that is what works best for me.
They aren't the cheapest products out there, but they aren't the most expensive either.
I am more confident when my skin looks good.
The products I use help me feel that way.

Honorable Mentions
Time with friends
Alone time with your spouse

How do you take care of yourself?
What tips do you have for others?

Linking up with The Blended Blog :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts