Slider

Healthy Life ~ Cinco de Mayo

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Next week is Cinco de Mayo!
It is also the theme for our next small group dinner :)
We aren't hosting this time, but I am still bringing a couple of dishes.
I have been looking all over Pinterest for the items I want to make and I think I have narrowed it down to the following choices.
All sound yummy!!!

Mic and I are not a big beer drinkers, so I usually BYOB everywhere we go.
I found the this photo below and the recipe sounds delicious!

Ingredients
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup grapes
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 bottle Strawberry Wine
1/2 cup Triple Sec
1 cup Vodka
2 cups (give or take) Sprite

Mix ingredients together and chill for a few hours before serving.
Garnish your glass with any of the fruits if desired.

Do I really need to eat anything other than chips and salsa?
The answer is yes!
Especially if I want to drink that yummy Sangria ;)

Since the main dish(es) will be provided I am thinking about bringing my Chipotle Lime Rice.

It goes with everything and is so good!
You can make it a bit healthier by using brown rice instead.

No meal is complete without dessert!
 source unknown

How yummy and simple do those strawberries look?
And if you are making the Sangria above they are already on your shopping list!
Just dip a little more than half of the berry in melted white chocolate. 
Then immediately dip the tip of the berry in a bowl of green sprinkles.
Set berries on wax paper and let harden before serving.
To speed up the process you can place them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.

If I feel a bit more ambitious I may make these beauties...

Click here to see more of my Cinco de Mayo board on Pinterest.
I am adding things daily :)

Do you have any go to Mexican recipes?
Have you tried any of the above recipes?
Or if you have a skinnier version I am all ears!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. YUM TO EVERYTHING! That drink sounds sooo tasty, I was just looking at ideas for sangria mixes this week. I'm going to keep this one in mind for sure! :) I loooove Mexican food and we do just about every variation of it at our house-- lol, so I may try something new for Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks amazing!! Frozen margarita bars?! Ohhhh man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh that sangria sounds so good! And those strawberries are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call me simple, but I can make tacos and taco salads. The end.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts