Slider

Our weekend & a blog challenge

Monday, January 6, 2014

I was invited to play along for
Showered With Design

with Lisa and Kristen and of course I couldn't say no!
I love a good blog/photo/fitness challenge :)

Check out Day 1 here and Day 2 here!

Today's topic is...

What changes were made in 2013 to better yourself,
or what changes in 2014 will you make to better yourself?

It's getting heavy today my friends! lol!

I talked about my goals for 2014 here,
but let's dig a little deeper shall we :)
(If you are reading this Mic, I do occasionally think deep)

Side note: What may be normal life for some, may be risks for others.

Now that we got that out of the way...
In 2013 I took a few chances in life.
I never take chances!
I created this blog, I tried out a new workout class,
I made a few new good friends, etc.

So besides the normal I want to eat healthier, workout more stuff,
I want to keep taking chances in 2014!

This little blog has become a big part of me.
Funny thing is, most of my friends have no idea that I have it!
Maybe it is because I can handle the disagreements, or dislike of others I have never met, but someone close to me scares me to death of them not liking me.
So this year I am going to take the chance on my friends I have known forever and let them into my little blog world.
One at a time, but still you get the idea :)

I also want to schedule a blate or two :)
To all you non-bloggers out there a blate is a blogger date of sorts. Meet the people behind the blogs that you read every day and have come to know as more than just a blogger.
They are truly friends!
I never in a million years thought I would have formed the friendships I have through writing this blog!

I know this probably sounds super cliche',
but I just want to strive to be the best me I can be.
That means being a great wife to Mic despite the neigh sayers out there,
being the best mommy I can be to X,
keeping our social calendar fun, but with some room for relaxing,
and to nurture the friendships that are worth something.

Friendships alone could be a post in itself!
One of my biggest goals for 2014 is continue to grow and care for the friends who are truly there for me.
The ones that want to be my friend, and who put the effort into it as much as I do.
It is hard to let people go in life, but sometimes you just have to do what is best for you.
Now I am by no means perfect,
but I do know the meaning of true friendship.
And it is huge to me.

Wow!
Let's turn the page now to the lighter side of life!

This weekend was really nice!
We didn't have anything planned at all!!!

Friday night we watched the movie Planes with X and he loved it :)
Saturday was grocery shopping and just hanging out at home for the day.
Followed by another uneventful day on Sunday....
We watched some football, played, and caught up on some laundry.
It was just what we needed :)

How was your weekend?

Don't forget to follow me on TwitterPinterestInstagram, and Bloglovin!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Great post! I love all of these goals. Very fulfilling and achievable. It was weird letting my real life friends and family into my blogging world (still is) but it's cool too! Now they all call me for outfit advice. :) All the best to you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to blate! And it's going to be awesome :)
    All my real life friends know about the blog. You'd be surprised, people are super supportive and they usually have a ton of questions because they want to start one themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are!!! :)
      I think I am just scared, but I know I shouldn't be. Slowly adding a few friends to my facebook page for the blog to see what they think.

      Delete
  3. Ive been wanting to "blate" haa it sounds fun to meet fellow bloggers in real life!
    Great idea!
    xo thanks for linking up!
    Lisa @ Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple in the works for early this year and I can't wait! Hoping to schedule a bigger one in the summer :)

      Delete
  4. you have great ideas! :)
    I'm also participating in this blog challenge :)

    xo, http://iwriteaboutyou.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in for a blate! I'd love to meet some Ohio bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh! I think a Columbus one is in the future for sure!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts