Slider

Our Home Renovation | Kitchen Edition

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Today is all about the kitchen!
This will easily be my favorite room of the house when it is done.
Before we get into that, make sure you check out my previous posts about our home renovation below.




Now let's check out what we have planned for our kitchen.

These are the floors that will be in our kitchen.


Again, the floor above will be throughout the entire first floor of our home.

Honestly, our kitchen isn't anything out of the ordinary.
But trying to find pictures to describe it are virtually impossible!
I had snapped a pic of the computer screen about a year ago, so that is what I am sharing today.
The overall layout is the same, but colors and such aren't 100% accurate.

You will enter the kitchen from the family/dining room space by walking up a few steps.




Just like all the bathrooms and our closet, we will have all white cabinets with matte black counter tops.


The sink will be in the middle of the island, directly across from the slide-in range.
The range will sit on the back wall of the house with a window on each side.
Due to those windows (and having more space in our pantry), we decided to not have any upper cabinets on the back wall.

In the picture it shows a gray back splash, but it will actually be black brick from the counter top up. 😍😍
There will also be a wood beam that goes across the top above the stove covering the most of the vent hood.
This will tie in with the wood beams that will be in the family/dining space.

It's hard to see, but the lighting isn't correct either.
I currently have lighting picked out for the island that is similar to what I shared for in our dining room.

I'm still on the hunt for counter height stools.

We want something with a back to them since we will probably be using this space quite a bit.
I like a leather or fabric look to warm/soften the space a bit.
I found these as I was walking by, but I haven't found the ones yet ;)



It is crazy when I actually walk through the space right now and imagine the kitchen!

Do you have any good suggestions for where to find stools?
Let me know in the comments below :)

Thanks for stopping by!


XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts