Slider

Our Home Renovation | Master Bedroom Edition

Thursday, September 19, 2019

One of the rooms I am most excited for in our remodel is our master bedroom.
Honestly, I knew immediately how I wanted the room to look/feel but I had to find a way to get Mic on board.
So our house in the woods in the country.
Our style is a little bit of this, and a little bit of that.
In an ideal world there would be a style called Modern Rustic Industrial Traditional with a splash of Farmhouse! lol!
Oh...and I forgot that Mic likes some medieval vibes in there too! 😬

I mentioned before that for the most part our house will be pretty neutral as far as paint and floors go.
But I knew I needed something more in the master bedroom.
It took awhile, but I finally got Mic on board with my idea of having a black bedroom.

I already know there are some of you out there cringing at the idea of a black bedroom (we are friends and you have told me your thoughts 😉), but I don't care.
I absolutely love black!
I can't wait to see it all come together :)

When you enter the room through our black interior door (we will have black doors throughout the entire house), you will see a white ceiling, black walls and trim, and gray carpeting.
We will have a mix of white and gray bedding with some wood tones thrown in there to warm things up.

So here is a little bit of what I am envisioning...



The main decor pieces will all have an antler theme.
Yes, that is what I said.
I would LOVE to have this print above our bed!


We have three big windows in our bedroom that let the outside in a bit.
We will also have a sitting area off to the side near the entrance to our walk in closet.
We are planning on double barn doors similar to the picture below (again more wood tone for warmth) that will open to our closet.


I'm saving the closet and master bathroom for another day :)

So I would love to know...

Would you consider a black or dark colored bedroom?
What is your style - Modern, Rustic, Industrial, Farmhouse, etc.?


Want to see more from Our Home Renovation series?


Thanks for stopping by!


XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts