Slider

Our Home Renovation | Family & Dining Room Edition

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Hello!
I'm back today with some dining room and family room inspiration.

If you missed any of my previous home posts just click below :)



Our dining room and living room spaces will be together, yet separate.
In the previous space it was a dining room with a space for sitting.
Here is how the previous space looked a couple of years ago...


We had our dining table and hutches in the room, mixed with our "nicer" couches.
Of course there was a TV in there ;)
(And that is because of me)

The new space will be bigger, but they will still be together.
The space will have pillars and wood beams near the ceiling that separate the areas.

That same dining table and chairs, as well as the two corner hutches will be in the designated dining room space.
The family room space will probably have the couches, chair and ottoman (shown above) until we find a new cozy sectional we like.
Loving this one below, but I have to get Mic on board ;)

Chelsea Symmetrical Modular Sectional with Ottoman

The family room space will have carpet, but we haven't decided on the exact one yet.

We did pick out the flooring that will be in the dining room, as well as throughout the whole first level of the home.


These are the exact floors (shown above) that we will have.
The color varies between brown and gray based on how light or dark the room is....which I LOVE!!!

I'm still undecided if I want a rug under our dining table or not.
I think I will have to wait until we are in the space to see what I like best.

We actually picked out some lights for the dining space awhile ago, but I'm not 100% sure on them right now.
I don't seem to light anything else any better, so for now they are still the front runners.


Cathey 4-Light Square/Rectangle Chandelier


The main reason I'm not 100% on those lights is because I'm not sure how they will look will the tone of our dining room furniture.
But we can always restain our furniture if it clashes :)

We are stilling trying to decide on sconces for the pillars throughout the space as well.
Why is lighting so hard to figure out?!?!

The walls will be painted a neutral gray throughout the entire space.

And that is it!
Pretty simple and neutral.
I'm sure we will add more color in accent pillows and such once we get settled :)

Thanks for stopping by today!


XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts