Slider

Date Night | It's Winter

Monday, January 5, 2015

Friday afternoon Mic and I headed down to Columbus for a date day/night and to finally go to dinner for my birthday.
It was a really nice day.
We grabbed a quick bite to eat when we arrived at The Flip Spot in the mall food court.
The burgers were really good!
Like, I can't believe these are in the mall good!
burgers, mall food court, columbus, ohio

Then we walked around the mall, picked up a few new Ohio State tees for X and Mic, and some bracelets from Charming Charlie's for me :)

Then we headed to Easton to hit up a few more stores before our dinner reservation.
I have been telling Mic for the last 3-4 years that I have wanted to get back to The Melting Pot.
Since X came along it just hasn't worked out timing wise.
Thankfully, that changed and we were able to enjoy a nice, quiet dinner just Mic and I :)
Oh my do I love fondue!!!




The Melting Pot, Columbus, Ohio
 We enjoyed the Bacon & Gorgonzola Cheese fondue as our appetizer. YUM!

We walked around a little bit more after taking in all those calories before heading home.
Of course no date would be complete without getting Starbucks on our way home :)

We couldn't leave Homage without picking up these shirts for Mic and I :)
Not only were we at the game together to witness this, but it was also my birthday!

Saturday was super low key. Like I didn't even leave the house!
We just chilled, did some chores, watched some football, and finished the evening with kaluska (cabbage & noodles).
I make my mom's recipe and it is so good!!!
cabbage and noodles, german, hungarian

Sunday was grocery shopping, watch the snow begin to fall, watch some more playoff football, and watch Frozen again while playing with Legos.

I also managed to get 4 days in on the treadmill so far as well!


Started my Monday morning with snow and ice on the ground and single digit temps! Winter has arrived!

Hope you all had a fantastic new year and weekend!
Is the weather freezing by you or sunny and warm?
What are your favorite things to do or places to go for date nights?



5 comments:

  1. YUM! I've never been to The Melting Pot but there's one close to us, I've heard it's worth it though!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. columbus looks beautiful! and way to go with the treadmill--that's big!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to celebrate! And good for you to sticking with the treadmill! I've got to make an exercising habit stick this year! Happy New Year, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh man, I've never been to MP either! That really needs to change bc what would be better than a big pot of cheese?! ;) I've never heard of kaluska but that looks tasty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny...we have a Flip N Peel burgers at our mall and they evidently make the best burger! That cabbage and noodles dish looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts