Slider

Highlight Your Assets | Style Link Up

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Today is all about what looks good on your body type.
While I may not be a expert in this field, these are the styles that have come to look better than others on my ever evolving shape.

While my husband isn't a huge fan of them, basically all the V-neck tops work best for me.
Don't get me wrong, I do own other tops that aren't v-necks.
And I am not just picking them because of my name ;)
They just elongate my body better.
And my teenage self wants to kick me for saying this right now,
but I don't look as busty.

Which goes hand in hand with the next thing I'm about to say....
Nothing bulky...it just adds extra pounds all other.
Lightweight fabrics are one of my best friends!

I tend to wear things that are slightly looser, but nothing too baggy.
Those ever popular over sized sweatshirts just won't work on me.
When you have curves you just need to keep clean, simple lines that move with your body shape yet don't cling to it.




All my tees are Target - Universal Thread and my sweater is Old Navy.

It is totally the opposite for me on the bottom half of things!

I have a love/hate relationship with skinny jeans and leggings.
I would love to balance out my curvy hips with boot cut styles or even flares, but I have super skinny ankles/calves that work really well for skinny styles.

I probably own some skinny jeans in about every color except purple...I think I need to change that!

Seriously, I have dark washes, black, distressed, white, gold, pink, grays, greens, etc.

Oh look, is that some skinny jeans paired with a v-neck top?



It is ;)


All my jeans are Articles of Society - Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack, or Old Navy.


And when I am not wearing the above uniform in some way, shape or form...I am rockin' a just above the knee dress.




Again, lightweight materials are a must!
I am able to get away with something a little more shapeless when it comes to dresses thankfully.
Just showoff those ridiculously skinny ankles and I'm good to go ;)
In all seriousness, my skinny ankles and heels can be troublesome with it comes to shoe shopping.
I can't find shoes that will stay on my feet!
I walk out of so many of them!
So unless they tie, are super snug through the rest of the foot, or don't have a back at all I typically can't wear them.
So now you know why you basically never see me in flats :/

Enough about me...I want to hear what clothing items work best for you!
Share your blog post with us over at The Blended Blog,
 or tag us on Instagram or Facebook and use #tbbstyle
And don't forget to see what Abbie from Grumbling Grace is sharing on her blog as well as The Blended Blog!



XOXO ~ Vanessa


6 comments:

  1. I look best in V-necks too and I constantly walk out of my shoes as well. We have a lot in common, lol. You have great legs V - show 'em off!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vnecks! I never really thought about them elongating my torso. I still love you in that black dress! I think you linked that during the Moms Rock May style challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is from your challenge! Lol! I think I stopped taking pics of myself over the last few months because I was so unhappy. But I'm slowly getting back to me 😊 Side note..you need to do that challenge again 😉

      Delete
  3. V-necks, hey? I have never noticed how they make my body look but now I'm going to pay attention! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! I look too top heavy and boxy if I when I wear crew necks. Not that I don't wear them, just not as often.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts