Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Story Of Us

WARNING: Lengthy Post Ahead

Next week will be 12 years that my husband and I have been together. Coincidentally, my in-laws celebrate their wedding anniversary the same day! We have so many important dates that are close or exactly the same it is scary! I swear my husband some how planned it that way! 

Some days it feels like yesterday that we started working together, shared our first dance (& kiss), and had our first date (I asked him out!). Other days....I feel like we have been together forever. Like when you have a hard time remembering your life before your significant other was in it.

So many changes over those 12 years, so many ups and downs, so many good times and bad. But at the end of the day.....I wouldn't trade him or our relationship for anything in the world! I mean, he did give me X :) and he is the best thing in the world!

So here is how we came to be....Mic & V (& X)
 The Beginning 2001
2 year wedding anniversary
3 year wedding anniversary

WOW...we just keep changing over the years! This October will be our 7th wedding anniversary :)

We met in early 2001 while working in North Olmsted, Ohio at the Mercedes Benz and Infiniti car dealerships. I was immediately attracted to his height, and thuggish attitude (not really thuggish, but different than what I was used to). I was (and always have been) fairly shy when it comes to talking to people, so I did what any 22 year old chic would do....sent in my co-workers! I know it is really lame, but it worked! Mic joined a group of us out at the bar after work and I very slowly got up the nerve (liquid courage) to talk to him. I don't remember the exact details, but some how we ended up out on the dance floor to Journey's "Faithfully". (Side note: Journey has always been one of my all time favorite bands!) By the end of the night I still was SO nervous talking to him. I actually asked him if I could kiss him! I am such a dork sometimes. Mic being the (overly) confident person that he was said "no"! I was just supposed to do it if I wanted to kiss him..UGH! Had to make things difficult! So after a little bit of time went by I jumped in and kissed him! :) I then asked him out for a "just the two of us" date the following weekend. We have been together ever since :)

We have gone through living 30 minutes apart to living 1 1/2 hours apart, conflicts with birthday celebrations (mine and my MIL are the same day!!!!), and just our general views on life. When the world says "opposites attract", it wasn't kidding! We couldn't be more far apart on things if we tried! Our love for cars brought us together, but our love for each other has kept us together through it all.

Some of the similar dates I mentioned before...

January 20th & 25th - Mic's birthday, My dad's birthday
February 25th & 27th - Mic's dad's birthday, My mom's birthday
April 2nd - Engagement date, Mic's grandma's birthday, Found out I was pregnant
April 19th - Our first date anniversary & his parent's wedding anniversary
October 7th & 24th - Our wedding anniversary, My brother's birthday
(My brother thinks the whole month is his! lol!)
(Again) December 16th  - Mine & my MIL's birthday (SAME DAY!!!)

So back to our story....

September 2003

I moved to our current city (and Mic's hometown) 10 years ago this year. For someone who has basically lived at home their entire life this was a complete shock! I was supposed to be super excited that I was living with my boyfriend and we were headed in the "right" direction. Instead, I shed more tears than I can count missing my family and home. I finally made it through the shock of living away from home (my heart will always be there) and started working at a job where I could make a career for myself.

April 2, 2005

I worked that morning at the bank and we had a terrible snow storm while I was there. It took me 45 minutes to get home instead of the normal 5 minutes! Mic called me a few times on my cell to find out where I was, how long I was going to be, etc. It was really strange, but I just let it go. I finally walked in the door soaking wet from the snow and was greeted my our cat Diamond. All I wanted to do was take a shower and get some hot chocolate to warm up. But before I could do that, I saw that our cat was wearing a collar (I hate collars on cats & so did Diamond!). I was already very irritated from being cold and wet from the snow and my long drive home, so this just added fuel to the fire! I was petting Diamond for a couple of minutes or so and tried to get the collar off, but no such luck. Mic kept saying it wasn't that hard to do and to just take it off of him. I was just getting more and more frustrated, so Mic finally came over to help me. I remember thinking why doesn't he just do this himself! He ended up picking up Diamond and holding him so I could take the collar off (I swear this ordeal lasted at least 15 minutes at this point). I was finally able to unhook the collar and as I pulled it away there dangled a ring :) Not just any engagement ring!


October 7, 2006

We said I do! It was a day filled with emotional ups and downs, dancing, food, friends & family, and drinking! :) I giggled the entire time at the altar! Maybe that shot of vodka I took with my dad right before we walked down the aisle had something to do with that :) All I know is that I wasn't scared or nervous to walk down that aisle. I was happy! I was ready! And about 30 minutes or so later I was married! :)

Mr. & Mrs.

April 2, 2011

I have come to the conclusion that April 2nd is always going to be a special day for us :) We had been trying to get pregnant for a couple of months with no such luck. I decided to take a test when I woke up that morning, but I didn't bother to mention it to Mic because I didn't want to let him down if it was negative again. So I did my thing and literally within seconds the screen said positive! I couldn't believe it! I walked into our bedroom very casually and said "so I guess I am pregnant". Mic was floored! He couldn't believe I didn't tell him I was taking a test. We were excited, but skeptical so I of course did what every girl does when she finally sees a positive result......took about 4-5 mores tests over the course of the that day and week. In my mind I knew the result would be the same, but until I went to the doctor to confirm it I felt I needed to test each day! :) Again, I am such a dork sometimes!

The Test
Pregnant with X

December 5, 2011

This day was unlike any day I have ever gone through in my life. This day was also 2 days past my due date :( I was ready, make that more than ready for X to join us. We headed down to Columbus on the morning of Monday, December 5th so I could have a stress test done. The doctor ordered it if I would go past my due date. Mic and I headed into this small room where I was hooked up to a machine to monitor my contractions, etc. At this point I had had no contractions, no real dilating, and my water hadn't broke. I was instructed to press a button when I felt pain or a contraction. I think I pressed the button once in the 30 minutes that I was hooked to the machine. Then I had to sit and wait for my results. While were waiting we discussed where we were going to stop for some breakfast after the appointment since I didn't eat anything yet (that should of been my indicator that I wasn't going to be eating for awhile!). The nurse came back in the room and said my contractions (plural!) were off the chart and I was going to be having a baby that day! WHAT?! So after a quick ultrasound to check the position and weight, I headed into a doctor's office to once again be told that I was being admitted, induced, and would be having a baby that day! CRAZY!!! I was whisked away in a wheelchair to the maternity ward where I was set up in a very comfortable room at St. Ann's Hospital. The nurses went through all the typical things of setting me up with an IV, blood pressure machine, hospital gown :(, and then started the pitocin. I was told at the time X would probably be with us by early afternoon. That was a lie :( It was early afternoon when they finally broke my water! Then the nurses told me I would want to get the epidural sometime around dinner time. Remember....I have not had anything to eat all day! I was allowed ice chips and 1 popsicle an hour! Are you kidding me?! Oh...also my parents and Mic's parents hopped into their cars and made the long trip down to Columbus to be there with us. I felt so bad they were there for hours!!! My little brother even came down :) That is who I think X decided to wait for. My brother showed up about 10pm and X still hadn't made his arrival! But once I said hello to him and he headed back to the waiting area I was told it was go time :) Finally!!!!! So at 11:33pm X came into this world and made us a little family for the first time :) This may sound horrible, but I wanted him cleaned up before I touched him! Lol! Oh....and if you didn't know that shakes are common after giving birth, you do now! I was shaking so bad, and my teeth were chattering out of control! I seriously thought something was wrong! After freaking out and Mic saying something to the nurses, they said it was completely normal. WOW! So after a very, very, very long day with no food I was finally able to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner at about 12:30-1am :)

 Newborn Baby X :)

So there it is folks...a long post, but some what brief story of how we became Mic & V & X :) One happy, slightly dysfunctional, opinionated, loving little family!

Family :)

So now it is your turn to tell me your story...

How did you meet your significant other?
What is your engagement story?
Tell me about your wedding.
Was your birth story similar, scheduled, etc.?

Until next time...

XoXo ~ V

PS. The Story of Us is a great movie as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget