Slider

Good Eats | Crispy Cabbage & Noodles

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

I'm back!
My new computer arrived and I once again have access to my blog and all the other sites I have been blocked from.
That was torture!
But hopefully that is over for good now and I can move on :)

Today is Good Eats!
I am sharing a recipe that my mom made for me as a kid, and I continue to make.
It is one of my favorite things to eat!
Kaluska!
What the heck is that you ask?
Basically it's cabbage and noodles.

Here is what you will need:
1 bag of Mrs. Weiss Kluski noodles
1 head of cabbage
1 stick of butter
1-2 spoons of minced garlic
salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried onion to taste


1. Follow the cooking instructions on the bag of noodles.
2. Chop up the head of cabbage, place in a pot with water, and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes.
3. Drain the noodles and cabbage when done.
4. Just before noodles and cabbage are done, place 2-3 tablespoons of butter and a couple of spoons of minced garlic in the electric skillet and allow to melt.

Here is the skillet I use...



5. Add the cabbage and noodles to the skillet with another couple tablespoons of butter.


6. Add your some salt, pepper, garlic and onion and stir.
7. Allow the mixture to cook on high for 5-10 minutes before stirring and adding more salt, pepper, garlic and onion.
8. After another 5 minutes add the rest of the butter.
9. Continue to cook and stir until the noodles get brown and crispy.


Enjoy!


You can easily add bacon or smoked sausage to this recipe.
I tend to add some smoked sausage on the side :)

Now it is your turn to link up your recipes below!
Have a great day friends!

XOXO ~ Vanessa
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts