Slider

Free Fun with X

Monday, September 17, 2018

Every Thursday X and I drive by Pizza Hut on our way home from school/work and see the parking lot full of gorgeous cars.
I have always had a thing for cars, especially the classics.
Mic loves cars too, but he is more fond of the newer ones.
So wasn't a big surprise when X expressed his love for cars too!
This past Thursday our calendar was clear, so we had a mommy/son date!
I changed out of my work clothes and we walked to Pizza Hut 
(it is super close to the town home we are currently living in).


 We walked inside and ordered our pizza, and then headed back outside to look at all the cars!

This police car is the one X talks about every week because we always see the flashing lights when we drive by.
At this time they didn't have the lights going, but he was still pumped to get a picture with it.

If you look closely you will see a mini version of this car sitting right in front of the engine.


This was X's favorite car of the night!
The owner of this Pontiac Trans Am saw us taking the picture, so he came over and gave X a real picture of the car to keep!
He was super sweet!
And X is still talking about how nice that man was to give him the picture :)



The more pictures X wanted to take with the cars/trucks, the more his personality started coming out.
Fortnite dance poses for some, and then I would have him take a regular picture too ;)

Isn't this Chevy Nova gorgeous????



Any Fast & Furious fans out there??


The owner of this one came over to us and had us guess where the gas tank opening was located.
I guessed under the license plate, but I was wrong.
It was in the driver's side tail light!
It was really neat!


It was at this point X told me that he likes the newer cars, but the classic cars are his favorite!
(insert all the praise hands emoji's here)





This Impala right here was my favorite!!!

Back in high school there was a red and white Impala just like this one with a for sale sign on it that I would pass every single day.
I wanted it so bad!
I mean how cool would it have been to be driving that to and from school?
Well, it would be have been super cool to me!






We had made our way back around to the police car and it had its lights on!
X had to get another picture with it ;)



We had such a good time checking out the cars together!
We picked up our pizza and headed home :)
He is still talking about those cars we saw and that nice man who gave him the picture :)


Another thing X and I share is our love for silly filters!
I deleted the Snap chat app on my phone because I honestly don't use it beside taking silly pictures.
I accidentally clicked on the camera option on Facebook this weekend and found some great filters there!
How did I not know about this????







We had so much free fun!!!!
He now wants to check every day to see if there are new filters to try out :)

What silly thing have you enjoyed with your kids recently?
What activities did you love as a kid that your kids now love as well?


XOXO ~ Vanessa

1 comment:

  1. How fun! This brought back so many memories for me. My son LOVED cars when he was younger - and actually, still loves them today, and made a career out of it! I'll have to check out the Facebook camera.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts