Slider

10 Things You Didn't Know About Me

Monday, September 10, 2018

And just like that we are into the second week of September!
Today is all about things you may or may not know about me :)



1. I can't stand to walk around barefoot anywhere.
I can hardly stand to be barefoot at the beach, but it is much easier than wearing sandals or tennis shoes there.
I think this all stems from the fact that my first bee sting was on the bottom of my foot.
I was running out to the lake to swim with my friend at the campground we were staying at when I stepped on a bee that was laying in the sand.
From that moment on I have rarely been caught barefoot.


2. Almost my entire life I wanted to be a fashion designer despite not liking to shop.
I think that is probably why I don't like shopping though.
I know in my mind the look and piece I want, but have a super hard time finding it.


3. I am NOT a fan of Beyonce,

Kenny Chesney, 


or U2.


But despite all the negative comments I get, I do like Creed and Nickelback. :/




4. I can't stand to listen to anything Talk. 
Pod casts, talk radio, etc.
Yet, I love hearing every one's voices on Instastories!


5. I was kicked out of a bar for getting into a fight.
If you know me at all, fighting/confrontation of any kind makes me super nervous.
My friend Missy, Mic and myself stopped in Panini's after work on a Thursday evening.
We were sitting at the bar where they make the food minding our own business when some little (shorter than me) dude came up to me and starting yelling at me for not liking his friend.
His friend was a guy I worked with that apparently had a thing for me, but the feeling wasn't mutual.
He kept up the yelling, so Mic stepped in and just told the guy to leave us alone.
This guy had had his share of alcohol which must have given him the courage to try to throw a punch at Mic.
Mic stood up and was instantly a foot and a half taller than him.
He stuck out his arm to hold the guy back and the guy couldn't touch him.
Of course from there another guy jumps in, and then I started swinging before my friend pulled me away.
Thankfully no one was hurt, but since the problem guy was a regular there the three of us were kicked out :(
I have never been in any other fight, but man it gets my blood pumping just talking about it again!


6. Despite having a lot of friends, I am such a loner.
Which makes sense that I have a fear of being left out.
I have never been a girls girl, so I struggle with this feeling all the time.
I grew up with a younger brother,
and added four older step brothers when I got into high school.
So I have always been surrounded by guys.


7. I have never been a morning person.
Why must we set alarms and wake up early?
Why can't things just be open and operate late into the night?
Despite real life, I think my body and mindset were designed for 2nd-3rd shift life ;)


8. I will choose jeans over leggings all the time!
I can hardly leave the house in leggings!
And you better believe I am not going anywhere in sweatpants, pajama pants, or yoga pants (unless I am going to a yoga class)!


9. No matter how hard I try to like it, I just can't add any form of alcohol to my coffee.
Whiskey, Bailey's, etc. I just can't do it.


10. I am super traditional, and even old fashioned at times.
(Not looking to get into a huge debate about life here)
I just don't care for the way the world is turning these days - sports, women empowerment, the school systems, etc.

I am sure I will lose a few followers over that last one, so be it.

I am not the type of person that drops someone just because our thoughts are different :/
#keepinitreal


Still here?

Great!
I would love to hear something about you that most people may not know!
Comment below, or if it is super secret shoot me an email ;)


Thanks for stopping by today!

Make sure you link up your 10 Things post on The Blended Blog!


XOXO ~ Vanessa

8 comments:

  1. Not a fan of how the world is turning these days either..but I am a BIG FAN of you and this was fun to learn more about you!! LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of Beyonce either. I liked Destiny's Child though. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to learn more about you! I'm cracking up about your bar fight. I'm never barefoot either - my feet are so dang sensitive, everything hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, we have so many points in common....I haven't been in a bar fight but I was suspended for 5 games for hitting someone with my stick in Ringette...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally with you on #10 and is so refreshing to hear someone else say it! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you on #10, so you won't be losing this follower! I'm not a morning person either. Have always been a night owl. That's why I've chose to work the midnight shift for the last 13 years, even though I've had the chance several times to take day shift. I actually do wear leggings out.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts