Slider

The Friday Faves #8

Friday, February 22, 2019

Is it Friday for real?
I am starting to think my child will never have a 5 day school week again!
Or at least not while winter is still here :/

Most of you know I crave routine during the week, so when school gets cancelled in the middle of the week everything goes crazy!
Or maybe it is just me...but same difference ;)

Thankfully, it is Friday!
And that means it is time to celebrate my favorite moments/things from this past week!

I kicked off my weekend by helping some seriously cute 1st graders celebrate Valentine's Day at their school party. 


They passed out their valentines, played a couple of games,



and enjoyed these super yummy donuts!



 The school gym teacher was being deployed to Korea over the weekend, so all the kiddos ended the party early to sing and say/wave goodbye in the hallway.
It was so sweet!


I had to document my "so Vanessa" outfit that I wore on Friday.
This is so similar to something I would wear in the late 90's!


Friday night we joined our good friends for dinner at Wokano!
It's one of my favorite places to eat!


The kiddos loved it, and the balloon animals our chef made for them :)



Saturday we headed north for our last regular schedule soccer game.
It was a short, but great season.
Side note: Our coach was also traveling to Korea for deployment, but still showed up for these kids despite leaving the very next day.


X had another great game :)




It was so fun watching these kiddos play together.
And I figured out one thing while watching this game....I still don't like soccer, but indoor is SO MUCH BETTER than outdoor soccer! lol!


Sunday night we bundled up and joined our friends for some glow tubing at Snow Trails!


Thank goodness for that ramp/belt that moves you to the top!


My little ninja just wasn't feeling the heights or the speed of tubing.
He braved it for three runs and then called it quits.


I took one more turn in the single lane, and then swamped out with Mic to hang with X.




So much fun with some of our favorite people!



On the blog this week I shared my Round 1 results from FASTer Way to Fat Loss!
You must check it out!



I also linked up with my Blended Blog ladies and shared some pieces from my closet that always receive rave reviews from everyone!


Remember how I shared last week that I bought that camo Ohio hat?
Well, it arrived this week and it is even better than I thought it would be!
LOVE!!!


I just can't help myself when it comes to camo, so I ordered these Birkenstock dupes for this summer too ;)

In other news....the reason my post is so late today is because I was waiting for these photos from Mic!
Awhile back we bought some tickets for Mic and X to attend a Cleveland Cavaliers game through a fundraiser.
This was his first NBA game and he was so scared!
We knew the seats were nose bleeders and he is terrified of heights!
I swear he tried making himself sick yesterday so he wouldn't have to go.
#poorguy

In walks the savior in my X's eyes...Mic's second cousin!
He works for the CAVS and was able to upgrade their seats!
Thank you, thank you! 🙏🙏

They got to hangout on the court before the game started,


check out the first row,



and even be on the court when the players ran out!!!



 They then settled in about 5-6 rows off the court!
Talk about an amazing first time at a CAVS game!!!
Oh, and they were on TV...the entire game!!!


X and Mic both had such a great time!
X is already asking when he can go back! lol!


Before I go, I wanted to share some things I found on social media this week that I just love!

For all my Ohio peeps...check this out!


Yes, Yes, Yes to this!!! 



You might have grown up in the 90's (or you are now using eye cream) if...


And last, but certainly not least...I was so shocked and excited to see one of my favorites like and comment on my Instagram posts!
Thank you so much Angela!
#GottaLoveAnOhioGirl 



And that my friends is it!
I am looking forward to a night out with Mic at the Kane Brown concert this weekend, and otherwise just chillin'!
What are your weekend plans?

Thanks for stopping by today!
Linking up with The Blended Blog, Andrea, Narci & Erika!

XOXO ~ Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that Cavs experience would be amazing!!! I was actually looking to see when the Raptors play there.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! Not sure X will understand anything less moving forward 😬 Let me know! Because Im pretty sure Calgary is a no go for me, I was trying to think of something even this summer to meet up with at least you and couple others if possible. This whole neverending house project throws a big wrench into everything right now 😏

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts