Slider

TBB Asks | Relationships

Monday, February 4, 2019

Monday, Monday...la, la...la, la, la.
Sorry if you are now singing that in your head too ;)
For those of you who don't even know what I am talking about, let's move on to...



1. Who is your oldest friend/how did you meet?

I "met" Marie basically at birth.
Her family is practically family.
Like - We were the only non-family members every year at their family Christmas.
We grew up together, went camping together,
to the Cleveland Browns games with our dads,
to school, etc.




2. Tell us about your circle of support. Who are your people?
I'm kind of the like the guy on Meet the Parents...my circle of trust is pretty small.
Mic, my parents, and my brother.



3. How did you meet your partner?
Mic and I met in the Cleveland area while I was working at Mercedes Benz and he was working at Infiniti.
The dealerships were connected so you would cross back and forth between the two.
We will celebrate being together for 18 years on April 19th and 13 years of marriage in October.


Us at at 4th of July party in 2001....and now....


We haven't changed a bit! ;) lol!
You can read the full story here :)



4. How is Valentine's Day celebrated in your home?
We sometimes give each other a card. lol!
I do make chocolate covered strawberries every year for a special dessert.

In our dating years we would give each other a card and go out to dinner.



5. What is your love language?
I had an idea what it was, but I just took the quiz here to get a better idea.
It isn't surprising at all!
It's a tie between Receiving Gifts, Quality Time and Words of Affirmation.
Absolutely true!
I am not materialistic...I just prefer doing things/going places with the ones I love over hugs and stuff. lol!
Also, I put so much time and thought into what I give people that is matters a lot to me when someone does the same.



6. Do you prefer receiving flowers or chocolates?
Neither.
I prefer going somewhere (see above).
I have never been a flower person, and I can take or leave chocolate and candy.
Like I said, I make the strawberries.
I would much rather go do something.
For example... this year I have concert tickets to see Kane Brown the weekend after Valentine's Day.
So Mic and I are just planning on going to dinner and enjoying the evening just the two of us :)




7. What is the most meaningful gift you have ever received or have given?
Umm, I have no idea!
Valentine's Day has always been more of a card and dinner type of thing.
When I was a kid my mom would always get us candy or bake us a cake or cupcakes.
I do remember receiving a GIANT teddy bear from a guy I liked in high school.
I was SO EMBARRASSED!!!!


Like this one above!
Can you imagine having to carry that thing around school all day because it doesn't fit in your locker?


Now I want to hear your answers!
Link your post up with us at The Blended Blog, or share on Facebook or Instagram and use #TBBAsks



XOXO ~ Vanessa

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I had to laugh, I got a giant teddy bear in high school too, it is still in my moms basement! I am with you, my circle of trust is a very very small. I hope you have the sweetest start to your week pretty lady! You and your Mr. are even more beautiful now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny! I am assuming mine is long gone, but who knows! Lol! You are always so sweet! Thank you 😘

      Delete
  2. I totally agree, I'd rather do an activity than get something. We've started doing that with the boys now that they're older and they love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tough since Mic rather stay home, but he's coming around 😉

      Delete
  3. I seriously would not have guessed that was you with blonde, shorter hair!!! Holy cow! It is nice to collect experiences rather than things!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I shouldn't have been blonde! Thankfully I had a tan in that picture!

      Delete
  4. Love that throwback!!! And that teddy bear!! HAHAHAHAHA!! Love experiences too, rather than things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes....to look that young and be that skinny again!

      Delete
  5. Love hearing how you two hooked up and that throwback picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts