Slider

Remixing A Look & Favorite Reads

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Today I have a #twofer post for you!

First up....I'm doing a style remix with The Blended Blog.



When I saw this prompt I thought this would be a piece of cake.
I was wrong.
Turns out I don't have a whole lot in my closet that my friends have in their closets.
I have been looking through picture after picture to find something to recreate for today.
I realized that my friends own a lot of pinks, florals, and pretty much all the girly things.
I have none of that in my closet.

And then it hit me!
Sticking with the Love Loop theme, I am going to recreate a look that Lana @ My New Happy has shared with you in the past :)

I am going to share with you a few different ways you could recreate Lana's look.
All options use the same base colors, just slightly remixed based on what I have in my closet.

Option #1
with a gingham button down top (similar),
my white skinny jeans (similar),
and those fun red booties.


Option #2
A chambray/denim shirt (similar) thrown over a striped tank or tee (similar),
paired with my red skinny cords (similar),


Option #3
I paired a plaid top/flannel (similar) with a solid puffer vest (similar),
my go-to jeans (similar) and white Converse.


Almost every piece I shared could be swapped out for another piece.
Do you have any of the pieces Lana is wearing in her original look?
Do you have any of the pieces I shared in my recreations?
I would love to see how you would recreate Lana's Look!


Next up....I'm sharing some of my favorite books/authors with Shay & Erika!




I have always loved the Tori Spelling books!


Honestly, if you grew up in the 90's (and watched Beverly Hills 90210 😉) I really think you would love all of the her books!


I am not one who enjoys reading books, but I am trying really hard to change that.
That is tricky because there isn't a whole lot of things I want to read about.
I did read/listen to Kind is the new Classy by Candace Cameron Bure and LOVED IT!!!


So much so that I ordered two more of her books.



I actually already own her style book, but haven't read it yet.
Add that to the to-do list!





Another book that I listened to was A Tribe Called Bliss.


That book has truly changed my outlook/mindset!
Honestly, if there is one book you pick up after reading this post I feel it should be this one!


I was gifted a few books for Christmas/birthday as well.



I also received the new Justin Timberlake book,




and the Whiskey in a Teacup cookbook by Reese Witherspoon.


Those last two have stories within the recipes.

Notice a theme here?

I am not one to read something that is a made up.
I need real life.




And I have to know who the author is before I even think about picking up the book.

So what book recs do you have for me?
What are your favorite types of books to read?
I would love to hear from you in the comments below :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up with Nancy as well :)

XOXO ~ Vanessa

3 comments:

  1. I love your book picks! I loved watching Tori & Dean on their show and enjoyed a book or two of hers, haven't read anything lately though from her. Great flatlay inspo too!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so good, love all these looks and so outfits I’d want to wear! I really like the sweet inspiration of Candace Cameron Bure. Have a wonderful day beautiful xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Lana recreation!! What a good idea. I feel like you would have been an easy pick for me too to recreate...all that camo goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts