Slider

Let's Talk | Hair & Beauty

Monday, April 25, 2016

Linking up with Andrea & Erika for

Today it is all about hair and make up!
I don't know about you all, but I personally love finding out what products other ladies use.
I have found some awesome products that way!

So first things first, I was daily hair washer for years.
Pretty much for 35 out of my 37 years.
A couple of years ago I noticed that even with the use of shampoo & conditioner made for color treated hair, my color was fading more than normal.
Add the fact we knew we were going to be moving to a house with well water (adds a nice rust tone to your hair), and I knew I needed to do something fast.
So I switched to Paul Mitchell shampoo & conditioner.

And I started washing my hair every other day.
In the beginning it was rough!
But once I, and my hair, got used to it it turned out great :)
These days I even go 3 days sometimes before washing!

So after I wash my hair I immediately add 2 pumps of Moroccanoil Light to my hair.
Think mid way down to the ends.
But before that, I comb my wet hair out with a Wet Brush.
Thank you Shay for bringing that wonder into my life!

Then I dry my hair upside down using my hands.
For extra volume, and when I have time, I use a vented brush once it is hair way dry.

Day 1 hair is usually pretty natural and straight.

Day 2 hair I add some waves/curls with my 1inch Hot Tools curling iron.
I spray with a bit of hair spray...I typically use Suave or whatever is on sale since I don't use hair spray that much.
And then I add some texture with my Moroccanoil Molding Cream.
And it comes out like this...


And when it isn't down, it looks like this...
 Thrown up into a make shift bun :)

And I typically don't use dry shampoo that often because it seems to weigh my hair down.
But when I do, I reach for one of these two...


They are pretty similar in my book.
And I love that they are both made for dark hair.

Before I move on to make up I have a question for you all.
Do any of you use the Moroccanoil Shampoo or Conditioner?
I am thinking about making the switch, but was looking for some feedback first.
Thanks in advance!

Now onto my make up products and routine.
Again, I keep things pretty simple.
I apply a light moisturizer (typically something for sensitive skin) and then apply my make up.
First thing I use is my Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm.
This stuff is pretty light in coverage, but has a bit of a glow built into the formula.
For a night out when I want a little more coverage, I switch out the beauty balm for Bare Minerals bareskin foundation.
I apply both of these products with my beauty blender sponge from Target.

Then I use ELF concealer under my eyes, around my nose and mouth.
I apply this with the wand, but then blend with my sponge again.
Moving on to my eyes.
Again, super simple.
I mix two shades (Foxy & WOS) from my Urban Decay Naked Basics together and apply all over my lid from lashes to eyebrow.
They I lightly line my upper lashes with a dark black-gold shadow from Bare Minerals (no longer available).

Curl my lashes and apply a coat of mascara.

I finish everything with a quick swipe of blush on my cheeks and forehead, and done.

And hopefully I look pulled together ;)

Now I want to know what you use!
Comment below your go-to, can't live without hair and make up products!
I am always looking to improve my look :)


3 comments:

  1. We have lived in this house for 2 years in September and I don't know if my blonde hair will ever adjust to the well water. I might have to try that shampoo. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rushing to write down all these secrets and crying alittle because we no longer have Target - UGH!!!!!!
    LOVE the way you curled your hair, so pretty!! Perfect waves

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts