Slider

Amuse Me - 3 Things I'm Loving Lately

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Today I wanted to share just some things that I am loving lately in case you wanted to give them a try :)

1. The Bible Recap & Daily Audio Bible


About 3-4 years ago I purchased a book that I could read the Bible in one year.
I started off good, but life got in the way and I didn't make it very far.
So I was determined to find a way to do it this year.
I looked up podcasts to see if there was a way to listen and learn.
First, I found Daily Audio Bible and I really enjoy it!
It covers multiple sections of the Bible a day.
But then an online friend asked if anyone wanted to join her in reading the Bible by using The Bible Recap.
I decided to jump on board!
So I'm reading the daily readings in the Bible app on my phone and then listening to the corresponding podcast for The Bible Recap.
I am also continuing to listen to Daily Audio Bible as well.
There is some crossover here and there which is nice for someone like me who has never read the Bible before.
Hearing things more than once allows it to sink in a bit more :)
Are you reading and following along with The Bible Recap?

2. Made For This Podcast by Jennie Allen


I have the book Get Out Of Your Head by Jennie Allen, but I don't get a lot of time these days to sit down and read.
So I decided to look her up and see if there was a podcast I could listen to.
First of all, I love listening to the actual author read a book or just "talk" to me.
While the Made For This Podcast isn't her reading the book, there is some similarities.
I just started listening to it this week, but I'm hooked!
What are your favorite podcasts to listen to?

3. Red Oaks & Cobra Kai


So I'm late to the game on both of these shows I'm sure, but I'm so glad I decided to hit play.
Red Oaks is a comedy on Prime that takes place in the 80's.
I literally laugh the entire time!
So much is relatable since I was a kid in the 80's.
Now this show isn't for kids, but I definitely think you should give it a shot :)


And after thinking Cobra Kai (Netflix) was a show for kids, I realized after the first episode that it is geared more towards adults.
Or at least the language in the first few episodes is :/
I loved watching Karate Kid as a child, and seeing the main characters back for this show just brings a smile to my face.
Are you or have you watched either of these shows?
I would love to hear what you think!

What are some things that you are loving lately or keep you smiling?
Any good shows I should check out?
Hope you all are having a great Tuesday!

XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts