Slider

Week of Joy!

Friday, December 14, 2018

We kicked our week off by driving around looking at Christmas lights on Sunday evening :)
We always stop at the old movie theater to check out the lights that they have set to music :)

I snapped this pic mainly as a reminder to myself that I love this song, but I also wanted to share it with you. 




On Monday I shared some things that bring me....


I absolutely love watching my little guy play basketball!

On Monday night he played some a team of 2nd graders that looked like they could easily be in 4th or 5th grade!
They were HUGE!!!
X is pretty tall for his age, but look how tiny he looks guarding the kid near the hoop!

Isn't that crazy???

Despite the score being so ridiculous that they stopped keeping score, X said he had a great time :)


Mic and I enjoyed some time together the other day walking around downtown Medina.

I finally was able to stop in Antiguation and I loved it even more than I thought I would!
I totally found some new light fixtures for whenever our remodel is done ;)


Then we decided to be kids again and check out Castle Noel!






We started outside for just a brief moment to see the actual camper that was in the movie Christmas Vacation.


All that rust on Cousin Eddie's camper isn't even real!








This "set" is from the Elf: Buddy's Animated Christmas.




As you walk through the Big Squeeze machine (simulates how it feels for Santa to come down the chimney 😉),

above us were over 100,000 ornaments!





Then we saw the house with all the lights from Deck the Halls -- the actual house.

Look how tiny!




We then saw the costumes from Elf :)


And some amazing windows displays from Saks 5th Avenue, Macy's, Lord & Taylor, etc. from over the years.

The Nutcracker ones were gorgeous!









The full bedroom set for Cindy Lou Who from the Grinch!


The entire set is made out of foam!





The Grinch is one of my absolute favorite Christmas movies, so I had to get a picture with him 💓

There was literally more Christmas movie sets and memorabilia that I could even take in in this one room!


Eek!


I'm glad Mic and I were able to do this without X for a couple of reasons....

1. X would not have enjoyed more than a few things
2. It was a guided tour that lasted almost 2 hours!


Another thing that brings me joy are the new booties I picked up from Target!

You can see one way I am styling them here :)


In other news, my child told me he wanted to get me a necklace for my upcoming birthday.
He stated it had to be a necklace, and it had to have a star on it.
He originally wanted it to be a red star, but we couldn't find one :/
After seeing this one, he decided this was it!

He liked the idea of two stars so the bigger one could represent me and the smaller would be for him.
So stinkin' sweet!


And these instantly brought a smile to my face :)




And that is it for the week my friends!

Looking forward to cheering on the Cleveland Browns on Saturday evening while dancing my last night in my 30's away!
I am so ready for 40!

One more thing before you go!

Now in stores - Disney Junior Holiday!


Includes Six 22-minute Episodes from Disney Junior Favorites "Vampirina," “Puppy Dog Pals," “Mickey and the Roadster Racers” and “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!”

What a perfect gift or stocking stuffer for your little ones!


Linking up with The Blended Blog, Andrea, Narci & Erika!

Don't forget to head over to The Blended Blog to link up your Friday post as well!

Enjoy your weekend 😘


XOXO ~ Vanessa

3 comments:

  1. I can see why you put all of these things in this post because, wow, yes, so much JOY! I would love to see all the movie set items. We love Elf, really it is one of my very favorite movies! Those red booties - oh you are tempting me, I want them!!!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were only 15 minutes from me at Castle Noel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything goes well to you in this year.
    As you know, Christmas is comming soon, you’ve already decorated for Christimas, right ? I also love Christmas.
    This year I’m going to put small a tree for Christmas in my room.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts