Slider

Hello Forty!

Thursday, December 20, 2018

I feel like you all already know, but in case you didn't...
I celebrated turning forty years old over the weekend.
Birthdays come and go, but this one has stuck with me a bit more.
Honestly, I was (and still am) excited to turn 40.
I have never been one to lie about my age, feel sad about getting older, etc.
About the only thing that trips me up about my age is the fact that at 40 years old I have a 7 year old first grader.
When my parents were 40 years old I graduated high school :/
While I couldn't imagine things being reversed or even the same, it still gets to me from time to time.

Moving on...

I celebrated my birthday on Saturday evening with some close friends down in Columbus.
We enjoyed dinner at Matt The Miller's Tavern (Polaris location).
Mic and I have always loved the Dublin location, so we decided to give this one a try since it was so close to our hotel and the bar we were going to after dinner.
The food was good, but the company was even better :)

We finished our meals and headed to Tequila Cowboy just before the Cleveland Browns game started.

X was actually worried that I wouldn't get to see the game since I wasn't at home,
so I snapped a pic of one of the bar TV's to let him know I was OK ;)

While we watched the game, we had to take some pictures to document the night ;)










These two crack me up!
Whenever you give Vinnie the camera to take your picture, he must get a selfie first! lol!


I will admit, the karaoke section was just OK.
Looking back now, I wish I would have skipped it and just danced to the live music while we watched the game.
Oh well!

And we were really bummed because the mechanical bull was broken :(

But the Cleveland Browns came away with a big birthday win for me,
we enjoyed some adult beverages,
and splurged on some camo cake :)







I do have a question for you all...
Do you do shots?
I didn't realize that wasn't a thing everyone does.
Seriously.
Back where I come from... that is totally normal!
I did drink a few shots, so everything was good :)
And I may have converted a few others with how tasty the shot I picked was ;)






And just like that the evening was over.

Mic and I spent the night in a huge king size bed at our hotel, before heading back home the next morning.

Thank you again to all of you for the birthday wishes on here,
Facebook, Instagram, text, etc.
You sure know how to make a girl feel loved!

I thought about sharing 40 things about myself, but I feel like everything I would list you already know.
So I am opening it up to you!
What is something you don't know or wonder about me?

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

XOXO ~ Vanessa


8 comments:

  1. OH these pics make me so happy, so you turned whaaat? 30 you say, well you look like 30! What a great night and you looked fantastic in that black, The photo of all your ladies with the camo cake is my favorite. So sweet of X to worry about you and the game. And I guess I don't know what your job is or where you ent to college?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always so sweet! 😘🤗 I went to a broadcasting school...nothing special. Now my husband and I own a franchise of Ameriprise Financial. I badicbasi trade stocks and such all day 😏

      Delete
  2. I wish I was 40! Haha! Happy holidays dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Looks like you had a fun one. Love the camo cake. Shots are totally a thing around here. My fave shots are Jagerbombs (Jagermeister and Red Bull). If people don't do shots there, what do they drink? Beer, wine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Jagerbombs are do good! I knew those girls wouldn't do those so I had to keep things lighter 😜 More wine for sure with this group of girls. I am definitely a cocktail or beer girl, and all the fun shots! Lol!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you did a great job celebrating the big 4-0! Happy Birthday, keep on celebrating my friend and have a very Merry Christmas!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts