Slider

Show & Tell | Splurge vs. Steal

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Linking up with Andrea for...

Today's topic - Splurge vs. Steal

Honestly, I am pretty cheap most of the time.
It is horrible to admit, but I tend to go for quantity over quality.
Over the last few years I have tried buying more quality items, but boy oh boy is it it tough!
So here is the breakdown of what I actually am willing to spend $$ on.

Skin Products

Pretty much my entire life I have purchased skincare products and make up at the drug store or a box store of some kind.
But I just wasn't happy with the results and found myself spending more money to find something new, or that worked better.
As far as make up goes I have splurged on Bare Minerals or Urban Decay foundations and eye shadows for over the last 10 years.

But anything else I buy at a steal :)

And as far as skincare goes, I took the suggestions of many other bloggers and splurged on a Clarisonic a few years ago for Mic and myself.
Yes, I do love it!
And I used to use it every other day until I splurged on skin care products from Rodan & Fields last year.
I have tried three of the regimens and while I am not 100% sold on them, I haven't found an alternative I like better :/


Hair

Oh Hair!
I have had a love/hate relationship with my hair over the years.
I grew up with a family friend cutting/perming/you name it my hair for years at a steal.
But when I moved to the 'field to live with Mic I had no idea where to go!
So I looked around for a good salon and decided to splurge.
So happy I did!
I have "been with" Kasey for almost 14 years!
I love how she colors/cuts/hilites my hair, as well as the true friendship we have formed.
Now as for hair products I tend to grab whatever steal is on sale at the grocery store.
I did upgrade/splurge to Moroccan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner and have been using them for almost a year.
I love them!
I wash my hair about every 2-3 days, so those puppies have lasted quite awhile!


Other Things

I mentioned above that I typically like quantity over quality, so here are a few things I always go for a steal and a few I must splurge on.

Shoes
I have the hardest time spending money on shoes.
I like to have a million options, so splurging on them just doesn't work for me.

Clothing
I pretty much buy all X's clothes at Target or Old Navy.
I am not spending on ton of money on clothing that he might only wear one time.
He is growing like a weed these days!

And as for me, I have a hard time spending a lot too!
Again, I like options!
However, I keep giving Stitch Fix a try because I highly dislike shopping.

Home Decor
Things that just sit around the house are super hard to purchase.
That is why our house typically looks like no one actually lives here other than the mess of toys.
I like to think of it as being simplistic, but it is really just cheap! lol!


Splurge Musts

Food
Don't get me wrong on this one, I do buy a lot of grocery store brand products and such but there are certain items I HAVE to have the name brand!
Spaghetti Sauce is one of the them!

Trips
I am not a homebody, so I am willing to spend a lot to travel.
And I want the maximum amount of days possible, so that adds up to a pretty penny.

Concerts
Love, love, love music!
Especially live music!
I am more than willing to fork over $$$ to attend a show for someone I like.
Even more willing to fork over the dough for really good seats!

TV's
And my biggest splurge item has to be TV's!
I just can't live without them!
And please don't make me only have one!
I currently have more TV's than I should share that I can use any time I am at home :)
It makes me happy :)

What do you splurge on?
What steals do you go after?
Any tips on how to make those splurges steals?


1 comment:

  1. Does buying everything at the Nordstrom Anniv. sale count as a splurge, since I always says, don't go over board and then I do, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts