Slider

Anything Goes Wednesday

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Another Wednesday is here :)

Today's topics will be:
  1. X has turned into a true little boy!
  2. Mic's best friend TJ has officially left for Uganda with the Peace Corps.
  3. I can't keep up with the amount of invites we have been receiving for Spring/Summer get togethers :(



WARNING!
Most things in this post will be connected to X (you were warned Stephanie!)


So about a week ago X turned into a complete little boy over night! He is playing with cars and other toys and understands how to play with them :) He is talking more and keeps saying "what's that", or at least that is what we think he is saying :) He also has starting doing this grunting/laughing thing while he is playing that is truly hilarious (at least to us it is)! It is so much fun watching him grow up! (Boo! My 2 second video won't post!)

Playing with trucks :)


Mic's best friend TJ officially left to join the Peace Corps. yesterday. He is actually boarding a plane as I type this for South Africa. Crazy! We tried to spend as much time as possible with him before he left. I still can't believe he will be gone for 27 months! Not only is he one of Mic's best friends, but he is X's godfather and has become a GREAT friend to me as well! We really are going to miss him :( Crossing my fingers that we will get to Face time/Skype with him from time to time :) Good luck & safe travels TJ!

 X & Uncle TJ
 Best Buds! Just like daddy & TJ :)
 This is what happens when you dump a bottle of water all over yourself!
 TJ's water = now X's water :)
Hanging out one last time :(

Our schedule is always pretty busy between work, family, and social engagements, but this Spring/Summer seems to be insane! While I love the fact that we have so many friends and family wanting to spend time with us, I just can't physically fit them all in! It is exhausting trying to schedule things with everyone and still trying to allow time for us to rest, get something done, etc.! So friends/family if you are reading this post....I am really sorry if we haven't made plans yet. I am really trying! :) It doesn't help matters that everyone lives is different directions, my family and some friends live 1 1/2 hours away, and we have Mother's & Father's Day to plan around! Not to mention we are still trying to figure out if we are taking a vacation anywhere! I am exhausted just thinking about it as I type this post! Hang in there folks! I promise I will get something scheduled/planned with you as soon as humanly possible! In a perfect world all of our friends and family would be friends with each other and we could just have one big get together! lol! Yes, I know I am dreaming now :)

Tell me some of the new things your child is doing?
Do you know anyone in the Peace Corps.?
Where are they located?
How is your Spring/Summer schedule shaping up?

Until next time...

XoXo ~ V


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I appreciate the warning! But it's ok, because he's on the other side of the computer screen, and he's cute in photos.
    I can't believe your friend is leaving! My step sister was in the peace core in Argentina and Ecuador many years ago. She loved it, but I'd be way too terrified to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I can't imagine leaving the country for that long to go anywhere, let alone South Africa!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts