Slider

What's Up January & A Style Link Up

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

First things first, I just want to thank you all for the love and support from yesterday's post.
You are all the best!

Today I have a #twofer for ya!
I'm linking up with friends at The Blended Blog to share the clothing or accessories we just can't do.

Honestly, there are quite a few styles that I won't get on board with but one thing sticks out more than the rest for me.

The back pack purse.
I wasn't a big fan of them when they were "in" back in the 90's.
Don't get me wrong, I had one super similar to this brown leather one...but it wasn't something I even carried that much.

And if you didn't have a brown leather one, you had this one in either the forest green or navy.


The ones of today are definitely bigger and even have designer names attached to them. 


But that doesn't matter to me.
I just can't do it!
I have SO many friends that carry them, but they just aren't for me.

What clothing items or accessories have you saying No Way Jose'?
Link up your post at The Blended Blog, or share on Facebook or Instagram with #tbbstyle


Kellyann. Sarah. Andrea. Deena. Carrie
Lana. Vanessa. Whitney. Abbie. Shelly



Next up I'm linking up with Shay & Sheaffer for...

What we're eating this week...
Chili
Lettuce Wrap Tacos
Brinner
Philly Cheese Steaks
Out on the Weekend :)



What I'm reminiscing about...
Nothing really



What I'm loving...
The new nutrition and fitness program I am currently doing!
If you didn't see yesterday's post, head here!
I would love for you to join me :)



What we've been up to...
Work, 

basketball,



 indoor soccer, 



Repeat.
Oh, and dodging all the snow and ice we have been getting recently.



What I'm dreading...
How cold it is supposed to be today!
The high for today is in the negatives.
Yes, I said the high :(


What I'm working on...
Office work, this post, catching up on shows.
I like to multitask ;)



What I'm excited about...
The Super Bowl is this weekend!!!

While I am bummed that the football season is officially over after this weekend, I love watching the big game!
Honestly, I love the game and the commercials.
And depending on the year I might watch the halftime show ;)
Are you watching the game this weekend?
Do you watch for the game, the commercials or the halftime show?



What I'm watching/reading...
Just finished season 5 of The Blacklist, so I can finally start watching the current episodes.
Of course I am still watching A Million Little Things, Manifest, and This Is Us.
And X and I just love watching the Masked Singer!




Are any of you watching it?

And I just started reading Reshaping It All by Candice Cameron Bure.



What I'm listening to...
All the music, all the time.








But I have also been trying to catch up with a few shows on Netflix and DirecTV, so I throw in my ear buds and "listen" to them while I'm working at my desk.



What I'm wearing...
All the layers!
Did you see that temp up above?
I have been living in layers upon layers and my snow boots.

This sweater is an Amazon find and I love it!
You can check out all the things I'm wearing lately here :)



What I'm doing this weekend...
Another indoor soccer game for X and watching the Super Bowl!




What I'm looking forward to next month...
Valentine's Day with my loves 💗
Going to the Kane Brown concert with Mic 



And celebrating my mom's birthday :)


What else is new...
I actually read an entire book in less than a week!




I shared my motto and word of the year for 2019




I shared a couple of ladies that are rockin' the small business world (here and here).






Bonus Question: What's your favorite family Valentine's Day tradition?
We really don't have any traditions for Valentine's Day.
But a few years ago I starting making homemade chocolate covered strawberries with sprinkles and such.
I love making them...and eating them ;)
They are SO easy to make and a fraction of the price if you buy them from the grocery store or a specialty shop.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Linking up with Nancy @ Nancy's Fashion Style too!

XOXO ~ Vanessa

4 comments:

  1. I’m jealous, I love Kane Brown! You have been having a great month girl! No, I will never wear one of the backpack purses either. We will have the Super Bowl but I cannot say I was that excited about it this year! Gimmie the food, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a good a month! Thanks! Lol! I love watching Tom Brady so I'm definitely excited for the game! Honestly, as long as the Steelers aren't in the Super Bowl I'm good! 😊

      Delete
  2. We are at those cold temps too. I don’t think anyone is surprised to hear about the low temps, the news has just been obnoxious about talking about it all the time. Yes, we get it, it’s cold lol. I tried keeping up with Manifest but I lost interest right sound episode 7, it just didn’t seem like anything was progressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been crazy! I have ignored the news as much as possible! Lol! Manifest does seem to move slow. I actually build a few up on our DVR and then watch them 😉

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts