Slider

Play by Sephora

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Hey, Hey Friends!
What better way to start the new year than with some fun new beauty products to try out?
I received my first Play by Sephora box in late December and I am excited to share what items I got :)

I tried to film an unboxing video for you, but due to still being sick it didn't go well.
Maybe for the January box ;)

So here is what I received...


A high pigment eyeshadow palette featuring warm, bronzy shades.
Full Size Palette $29
I wear bronzy eye shadows all the time, so these fit perfectly into my collection!


A lightweight, high-pigment lip gloss in a dusty rose shade with a high-shine finish.
Full Size $16
If you know me, you know that I tend to stick to Chapstick unless it is a special occasion.
This lip gloss is perfect for me though since it is a really soft shade.


This airy spray revives lifeless strands, adds volume and body to your style, and extends your blowout.
Full Size $26 Mini $13
This mini is the perfect travel size!
I haven't tried it yet though, so I will report back soon :)
UPDATE: I tried this this morning and it smells amazing! Seems to work well too!
A creamy eyelid primer that covers imperfections, keeps shadow crease-free, and helps makeup last.
Full Size $28

I don't use an eyeshadow primer on a daily basis, but I definitely do for nights out!
I just ran out of my Urban Decay primer, so I am looking forward to trying this one out.


A luxurious all-over face cream that firms, smooths, and illuminates skin.
Full Size $42
I wish I realized that I received this before NYE!
Ugh! Love it!


A sultry, glamorous fragrance that blends the notes of black orchid, incense, and sandalwood.
1oz. Bottle $84 Mini Touch Point $45
Unfortunately, I am not a perfume type of girl :(
And due to being sick I can't really smell this.
I'll get back to you once I can breathe normally again ;)
  • UPDATE: It doesn't smell bad, but it is WAY too strong for me!


Do you receive Play by Sephora boxes?
I would love to hear your thoughts!

So here are the details for those of you who haven't heard of it or tried it yet....

Boxes are $10/month with free shipping :)


Each monthly box includes:

-Five deluxe makeup, skincare and hair care samples (plus a beauty bonus!)
-A collectible makeup bag
-Access to exclusive video how-tos and tutorials about how to use the products in your box
-PLAY! BOOK with tips, tricks, and how-tos about each sample
-PLAY! PASS to redeem in store for 50 bonus Beauty Insider points with a full-size purchase
-PLAY! DATE, a subscriber-only event that gives you and a friend the opportunity to come in store and play with products and meet with our beauty experts



I know this is only my first Play by Sephora box, but I can say I already like it better than any of the Birchbox or Ipsy bags I received in the past.
Why?
I can easily hop online and order the products or walk into my local Sephora and pick them up!
Also, based on the profile I filled out (fingers crossed) I won't be falling in love with a high-end product that I would never be able to afford!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts