Slider

What's Up Wednesday | May

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I guess it helps if you hit publish :)

Happy Hump Day!
Linking up with Mel, Shay & Sheaffer today!


What we're eating this week
Since this weekend is Memorial Day, I planned ahead and picked up some ribs, green beans, and watermelon for a relaxed celebration at home :)

What I'm reminiscing about
X starting preschool.
I swear he just started school last month (not really), and now he is finishing up his first year this week!
School actually was done last week, but he gets to go this week for some extra fun days :)

What I'm loving
While it is exhausting, I love helping coach X's t-ball team!
Those little guys are so darn cute, and pretty good too!

What we've been up to
Mini trips here and there.
X and I headed north and spent the weekend visiting with my mom, dad and step parents,
and then we just returned Monday from a long weekend at Lake Michigan :)

What I'm dreading
Honestly, taking care of the pool :(
Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to have our own pool.
It is just the extra time that it is going to take to maintain things, clean it, etc.
And don't get me started on dealing with the chemicals!
But at the end of the day I know it will create some amazing memories for our little family and that is what really matters :)
Throwing back to X's first time in the pool 4 years ago :)

What I'm working on
Getting things in order for our summer babysitter/nanny to start watching X next week!
Eeek! So much to do!

What I'm excited about
I am headed to the Dixie Chicks concert next week with a good friend :)
I can't wait!
Side note: I used to sing Dixie Chicks songs every.single.time I went out for karaoke!
Needless to say I am pumped!

What I'm watching/reading
I just finished watching the final season of Banshee with Mic,
and I saw the tale end of The Voice to see the winner.
Spoiler Alert: It was Curly Sue.
While I think she was truly amazing all season, I was secretly pulling for Adam Wakefield :)

What I'm listening to
I finally hooked up my SiriusXM to my phone so I can listen to it while I am at work.
I tend to like the 90's on 9 the best :)



When I am not listening to Sirius, I tune into the Bobby Bones show in the morning on my way to work.
Love that crew!

What I'm wearing
My go-to, must have denim jacket!
The weather has been all over the board this month,
so I am reaching for my jacket more than anything else.

What I'm doing this weekend
We are *hopefully (weather permitting) hanging out with some friends on Friday evening downtown for some live music and adult beverages,
X has a t-ball game on Saturday morning,
we have a high school graduation party to attend,
and we are celebrating Memorial Day with a cookout!
Fingers crossed the weather is nice and we can go swimming too!!!

What I'm looking forward to next month
My niece being born!
Lily is due on June 22nd :)

What else is new
I just chopped a lot of hair off on Tuesday.

It is hard to tell, but in the pics above but my hair was down to the bottom of my bra....now just below my collarbone.

While the length makes me a little nervous, I know it will grow back.
It feels so much lighter and fun for summer though :)

And that is it for the month of May!


2 comments:

  1. Loved reading all your highlights in WUW. Your hair looks great with the new cut, and I agree with you about the pool. It's a lot of work, but so much fun in the summer. I'm thinking I'm going to get my kids to help out with cleaning it each week. Did you like Banshee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks gorgeous! And X looks so little in that picture...so sweet. And I want ribs, I'll be over soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts