Slider

Mother's Day Gifts | The Good & Bad

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Linking up with the Queens for 
Today we are talking about the good and the bad of Mother's Day gifts.

My Mom
Typically, my mom says she wants nothing. Blah, blah, blah.
Or she will request new pictures of X or all three of us.
Some years I listen and we just meet up for lunch.
Other years I don't listen and I give her new charms for her Brighton bracelet.
Because she reads my blog, this year she is getting nothing as requested ;)

My Step mom
My step mom is pretty darn easy when it comes to Mother's Day.
I usually pick up a new hanging basket or potted plant.

See, simple.

Me
I am not a jewelry person.
Nor do I like flowers.
Expensive dinners and shopping aren't my thing either.

I am all about the experience!
My favorite gift to receive on Mother's Day is heading out of town for the weekend with Mic and X :)
I like to go places no more than 3 hours away so we don't have to spend all of our time in the car.
source

We are constantly working, or at least Mic is.
And when it is just X and I at home, I am typically doing dishes, folding laundry, making dinner, etc.
I love to get some quality time with my guys!
And I love it even more if we can do it away from home. lol!
Fingers crossed everything works out for us to head out town on Friday :)
It is only Monday, so I need all the wishful thinking and prayers that I can get to make sure it happens.

I know my years are limited on getting X to hang out with me all weekend long, so I am taking full advantage while I can!
In the future I guess I will have to hope a gift card for a mani/pedi or a massage and lunch with my guys :)
I wish my nails looked this good!
Maybe I need that mani/pedi too ;)

What are you favorite types of gifts to give or receive on Mother's Day?
What are your least favorite?


5 comments:

  1. A getaway sounds like the perfect way to spend the weekend! We usually get "away" to a lake or some other form of water because the kids usually don't fight - ha! #momwin Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally take time away together any day! We got way to caught up in the every day and our time as a family just chilling and experiencing life is too little. Hope everything works out for you guys! Thanks so much for linking Vanessa....means so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I could SO do a road trip for Mother's Day! And a pedicure was on my list, too! Already made my appointment for Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always try to plan something for my mom and I to do together, too! I like the 'experience' gift more than anything and I know she loves it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a get out of town mama too! Experiences are way more than something store bought. AND hello hanging baskets! Those are the best go-to gifts! xoxox Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts