Slider

2016 Summer Bucket List

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Oh Summer,
how I daydream of laying on the beach every day, driving around with the windows down, having pool parties with friends, etc.
Oh wait, I have a job I have to go to every day.
Gone are the days where that is seriously what I did.
To be a teenager again!

But I am not teenager :(
So, my bucket list probably isn't nearly as fun.
Well, maybe it is. Who knows!


2016 Summer Bucket List

1. Cookout with friends/family
Most days I am a fairly simple girl.
I love getting friends or family together in the summer to cook some hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill, play corn hole, make smore's over the fire, and just enjoy a nice summer evening.

2. Have a pool party
If the weather is good enough for a cookout, we will probably be swimming too!
Now that we have a pool, I am really hoping to have a fun pool party some time this summer :)
I think a themed party would be great!
Signature drink, color theme, etc. :)

3. Celebrate X's 1/2 birthday
So X's 1/2 birthday is technically before the first official day of summer (June 5th), but it is already summer vacation for him so we are counting it!
I am hoping to have a small gathering with all things in halves.
Half sandwiches, half cake and cookies, but definitely not half the fun ;)
#yesimcornylikethat

4. Go on a family vacation
Yes, I just basically got back from a weekend away with my guys but I need another one!
And definitely something longer than a weekend!
We still have to pick a spot, get it planned/booked, and then count down the days until we get to go!

And that is about all I can fit into our summer at this point!
What are you planning to do this summer?
Any vacations or parties planned?
Do you go the theme party route?


Linking up today with Shelly & Katy :)



11 comments:

  1. Love the idea of celebrating your son's 1/2 birthday! hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of celebrating your son's 1/2 birthday! hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all about a good cookout! Love the 1/2 birthday idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you plan to celebrate the 1/2 birthday! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this list - every single item screams summer! Enjoy and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grilling and pool parties! Two of my summer favs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to take Elliot swimming for the first time!! And of course all the cookouts- I basically want to just grill everything in the summer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for half birthdays! I just sent out the invites for my son's half birthday :) I love pool parties, definitely having friends over for that this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cookouts are on my list too! Simple summers always seem to end up being the best. Looks like i need to catch up on some blog reading because I totally missed your trip! Thanks so, so much for linking up with us today!

    Shelly||The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just recently found your blog and love it! Your summer bucket list sounds perfect! I do have a few questions though... have you always celebrated a half birthday? And do you do gifts and whatnot or just a gathering? My daughter's birthday is 12-15 and I've always thought about doing something for her during the summer but never sure of what. Have the best day! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your list! Cook outs and pool parties? Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts