Slider

The Weekend

Monday, June 16, 2014

It was a great weekend!
The weather was beautiful here in central Ohio!!!

{friday}
We kept things pretty low key since we knew Saturday was going to be pretty busy.
Mic mowed and I made a treat for the Ohio Blogger meet up :)
Pretzel S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars :)
Recipe coming to the blog very, very soon!

{saturday}
Mic headed to Columbus early to get his haircut before meeting up with X and I for lunch.
Then it was X's turn for a haircut :/
To say he doesn't like getting his hair cut is an understatement.
Thankfully with Mic there he did better than last time.
Before = smiles
During = skeptical, but watching Mater Tales
Ending = I HATE THIS!!!
After = What haircut, let's play on the slide!

Mic took X home after that, and I headed to Zauber Brewing for the blogger meet up.
We enjoyed yummy drinks & food, and great conversation.
I can't lie, I was nervous but so excited at the same time to meet these awesome ladies!

 I was so excited to meet Kayla!
We have been emailing and such for a little while now it was great to hug her and talk in person :)
My fellow Cleveland girl Margaret :)
 Holly & Erin
Words can't express how pumped I was to meet these ladies!
Blog Idols...I think so!

No joke, the whole event was a blur because it didn't honestly feel real to be finally meeting these ladies!
I mean I email/tweet/etc with a few of them on a daily basis...So to finally meet in person was just crazy!

Side note: Make sure to to check out their blogs for recaps of the event, as well as more photos of the group.
And once you see their blogs you will realize that I need a real camera! lol!

And a BIG THANKS to Holly & Shane for organizing and hosting the event. These sweet ladies had us fill out a fun questionnaire and even gave out some cute little door prizes :)

Afterwards, I headed to the Grandview Yard for Digfest.
It is a festival featuring all local/Columbus beverages, food, and crafts.
I had checked out the website before going there so I had an idea of of a few vendors I wanted to check out.
Since I had an hour drive ahead of me I kept the drinking to a minimum. I did try an amazing Green Apple Riesling from Camelot Cellars. My second drink was Apple Pie Moonshine from, well the name escapes me :( Probably because it was so strong I could hardly drink it! :( Oh well, I had to drive home after all!
After nibbling on some pizza I stopped at the Jeni's Ice Cream booth for the first time. Jeni's is known in Columbus for their unique flavors so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. They were offering 4 flavors, so I went with The Milkiest Chocolate Ever and Salted Caramel.
 I am such a plain Jane that the salted caramel really was out of my comfort zone! Both had good flavor, but I will stick with my Superman :)

I also talked to CJ at Columbus Barrel Co. about the awesome creations he makes out of whiskey barrels. The pieces were so cool and really made well. I think I will be ordering something soon :)

I love a good graphic tee!
Especially one that takes me back to my youth, hometown, etc.
Hello Lake Erie!
I first saw this tee online when I was looking at State of Devotion's website, but it was in blue and yellow.
Thankfully when I showed up to Digfest they were offering it in blue on blue. I knew we were meant to be, so it came home with me :)

All in all it was an awesome day of meeting new friends and trying new foods and drinks!

{sunday}
Father's Day!
Since my dad was in Florida I didn't get to see him :(
Thankfully we have a family camping trip coming up soon!
Yesterday was all about Mic and how amazing he is to X!
We had a super low key morning before heading out to Panera Bread for lunch (Mic's choice).
 Yes, X has a smile full of graham crackers. What can you do?
Yummy salad!

We ran a few errands and just hung out for the rest of the day doing nothing :)
Of course once X went to bed I watched my favorite NBA team (yes, CAVS are #2 in my world) win the championship!
#GOSpursGO
And you can ask anyone who knows me, I have been a Spurs fan since David Robinson entered the league in the early 90's!

Whew...that is all for today folks!
I feel like I could go on and on about Saturday alone, but I had to cut it off at some point! lol!

I would love to hear what you did this weekend!



12 comments:

  1. I LOVED finally meeting you!!! You were even sweeter in person. I'm SO happy you came, and I'm also happy you made those s'mores bars!!!! I might have had more than one ;) whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Loved meeting you in person :) And we definitely need to plan a Browns game meetup for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bummed I missed it, but I'm so glad you went! Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoooorayy!!! I'm so so glad we got to meet and hug and we MUST do it again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that you went a blogger meet up, I need to do one of those, I am such a wall flower in that respect! I think you need a whole post on it :) Great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and I love Erin! She's the one that designed my new blog design! Highly recommend her!

      Delete
  6. First - those S'mores cookie bars were amazing! I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet you this weekend. Did Jeni's ice cream live up to your expectations? And that shirt is great - I may have to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeni's is FANTASTIC!!! So jealous you were able to go--I wish I could have made it!!! Hopefully next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great meeting you, Vanessa! Salty caramel all the way with Jeni's. Oh and I can't wait for the recipe for your amazing smores bars :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such a fun time and I'm sad that I missed it! Next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah man. Stinks I missed the meet up. I'll have to check out the other ladies blogs.
    I'm with you on needed a good camera.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts