Slider

Just Rambling...

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Today I am taking a break from the home updates and inspiration posts.
Today I am just rambling about the things that keep me up at night.


Did you ever notice you tend to take on the personality traits or mannerisms of the company you keep?
You better chose wisely about who you spend time with, because they can really influence your thoughts, actions, etc.


We are all technically responsible for ourselves.
But I feel that if you are around someone for quite some time you can start to think, act, and talk like them.
You may even start comparing your life to theirs.

Don't do it friends!
It is a dark, dark place from what I'm told.


I'm not really sure if it was something I was taught as a child, or something that just has always been in me.
I don't really understand jealousy.
I don't understand the want to out do someone and rub their nose in it.

I never felt I had any more or less than anyone else as a kid.
As an adult I know that is how life is, but it doesn't faze me.

Why get worked up if someone has a bigger house, a nicer car, a picture perfect spouse, is skinnier/prettier, etc.?

Why are so many people focused on the haves and have nots?

Why does it matter what religion you are or political party you side with?

None of these things mattered to you as a kid...so why do you let that control you now?

I try to keep things light hearted around here, but these kind of things just eat at me as I scroll through social media or just talk to friends.


What prompted me to share this with you all instead of letting it just stay inside my head?

I was flipping through the channels on TV the other night and I came across It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!
I remember every year as a kid being so excited when the holiday episodes of cartoons and such would air on TV.
I am still happy to see them come on each year.
As I sat there and casually watched this cartoon for what felt like the millionth time in my life I listened to the words.

This part (minus the pumpkin) is what I have been saying my entire life.


Enough rambling for one day.
I appreciate you all just letting me be myself and speak what I feel.

See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites :)


XOXO ~ Vanessa

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree with what you said about the company you keep. I think negativity can beget negativity. I've been working night shift for 15 years. I've had the chance to go to day shift for a few years now but choose not to because the gals on that shift are catty and bitter and gossip. I don't want to be a part of that.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts