Slider

What's Up Wednesday | May

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Linking up with Mel, Shay & Sheaffer for...


What we're eating this week...
The weather is amazing this week, so we are hoping to finally use the grill for the first time this season!
We enjoyed ribs, potato salad, and corn on the cob for Memorial Day :)
The rest of the week is grilled chicken, watermelon, and salads.

What I'm reminiscing about...
Facebook on this day has been crazy lately with cuteness!
Look at that drool!!!


What I'm loving...
Shorter hair!
I go back in a few weeks and I am really thinking about chopping more off.
The only problem is that my hair does not hold curl or any style at all!
I need your help!
What products do you use?


What we've been up to...
What haven't we been up to?
X just finished up the Spring season of soccer this past weekend and he totally rocked it!
As much as I dislike soccer, I loved watching him develop and truly start to understand the game.

Now we are in full swing (pun intended) into t-ball season.
Don't expect many pics since I am helping coach again this year :/

And we went to Disney World!
You can read part 1 of our Disney trip here, and part 2 will be live tomorrow :)


What I'm dreading...
Summer heat :(
Our pool isn't working properly and looks like it might need completely replaced.
Which now has me looking up pools like crazy!
I would like something pretty simply, but I am open to your ideas.
Do you have a pool at your house?
If so, what kind is it?
Fiberglass, cement, a liner?
What shape is it?
Automatic cover?


What I'm working on...
Getting our plans in order for the remodel of of our house!
EEK!
While I am completely dreading the whole process of it (we have no idea where we are going to live while it is going on), I am looking forward to the finished product :)
(these aren't our plans, but they are so fun to look at!)


What I'm excited about...
X spending the summer at his new baby sitter's house.
That probably sounds weird, but trying to find a babysitter for the summer since I work full-time is hard around here.
Most of my friends are SAHM's or teachers so they don't struggle with this over the summer.
Last year we had a wonderful babysitter who stayed with X at our house each day.
They did activities, but I felt he missed out on getting to play with other kids.
Plus, I feel he became a bit needy/spoiled after getting so much one-on-one time.
So this year we found someone who is at home with her two girls that was willing to watch X.
He was so excited to start going there yesterday!
And I am so happy that he seems to be enjoying himself :)
I even got a few pictures already from his first day!
 He even asked to take a nap!!!!!
I pray that he truly enjoys his summer!


What I'm watching/reading...
I just finished watching The Voice,
 still watching the final season of Pretty Little Liars (only few left),
 and I started watching Glee on Netflix.
I watched the final season or two when it was actually on TV, but decided to go back to the beginning.
There are so many things that now make sense to me now!


What I'm listening to...



And the new Beatles channel on Sirius radio :)


What I'm wearing...
These earrings from Nickel & Suede!
I can't wait to place another order for some more colors!
These are the signature gold in small and they are a perfect fit for me and SO lightweight!

And all the Cleveland gear I have!
EEK!
The Cleveland Cavaliers are back in the finals for the NBA championship!!!
GO CAVS!!!


What I'm doing this weekend...
This is actually one of our lighter weekends this month!
We have X's soccer party followed by a birthday party for one of our friends' kids :)


What I'm looking forward to next month...
Lots of t-ball, lots of birthday parties (we have at least one every single weekend of the month!),
graduation parties, X will be attending Safety Town, and my niece will be turning 1 years old!


What else is new....
X graduated from preschool last week and is officially moving on to Kindergarten in the Fall!
We can't wait!

In other news, I ordered this coffee from Lyn Marie's Coffee and I can't wait to try it!


Bonus Question: What is your favorite vacation spot?
If I have to pick one, I would have to go with Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.


I just love to get away to the beach!
The smell of saltwater, the sand in your toes, etc. is just so calming to me.
It is an amazing place to take a family or adult vacation.
So many places to eat and things to do for all ages!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts