Slider

Mother's Day Smiles

Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Monday!
Am I am the only one that enjoys the beginning of a new week?
Don't get me wrong, I love weekends but Mondays just get me back in my routine :)
I crave routine!

 But since it is Monday, let's recap the weekend shall we?

On Thursday evening X and I ran to our favorite place to pick up a gift for his teacher.
Her favorite color is purple so we picked up some simple purple note cards and a purple horse Target gift card and threw it in a purple bag.

I also found this free printable on Pinterest and had X fill it out.
He decided that since she likes purple he would give her purple hair and a purple, orange, and pink dress.
Oh, to be 5 years old again!

I also found this super cute necklace in the dollar spot for $3!
I have been wanting a bar necklace for awhile now, but just haven't ordered one.
This cutie will fit the bill for now :)

I picked up X on Friday from school and he had a couple things for me that he couldn't wait for me to open :)

A candle holder with my favorite color (red) candle inside and a book all about me.
Funny thing about that book, his answers were definitely more of his favorite things than mine, but still super cute!

We were all tired Friday evening, so we just lounged around, watched TV, snuggled, and X played way too many virtual reality games on Mic's phone!


 Saturday morning X was more than ready to get back to soccer after missing it for over a week.
A friend of ours took these pics at the game and they look great!


I believe this one was right after he scored a goal!!!

My dad and step mom came down for the game and then hung out for a bit after wards.
We enjoyed pizza and then my dad got X outside to practice for his upcoming T-ball season.

Sunday we headed out for a short drive and grabbed some lunch at a place called Smoke the Burger Joint in Wooster.
We then headed to Dick's Sporting Goods to get X a new baseball glove, pants, socks, a belt, and his very first bat!
It so brought me back to my days of playing softball :)


After dinner X wanted to get outside and drive his truck a bit before bath/bedtime,
so I let him "chase" me around the driveway :)
Seeing that kid smile and hearing him laugh like crazy was the best Mother's Day present I could ask for!
Being a mom sure isn't easy, but it is a job I wouldn't trade for the world!

How was your weekend?
Did you get to celebrate Mother's day with your family or mom?
Do you have a tradition that you do every year or do you wing it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts