Slider

2014 is here!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I hope you all had a great time celebrating the beginning of 2014!
We spent our evening with some of our best friends playing board games, having dance parties, and of course enjoying a few adult beverages & snacks :)
One of the best parts of the evening was that we didn't have to worry about X...my in-laws graciously kept him overnight so we could relax :)
It was perfect!

Blurry, but they were attempting to do the "High 85" lol!

NYE snacks :)

Almost midnight, time for some champagne!

We even had some time to ourselves on New Year's Day to watch a movie together! If you like the Batman movies, you must watch "The Dark Knight Rises"! So good!

We headed over to my in-laws to have the traditional new year's meal of pork and sauerkraut for dinner. I enjoyed mashed potatoes instead of the sauerkraut :)
We ended our meal with some delicious cupcakes I picked up at the grocery store :)
It was a great day!


The boy loves a good cupcake! Just like his mommy :)


Today we are back at it!
Work, handling X, social life, etc.
I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for us :)

How did you ring in the new year?
Any big plans for 2014?

Two more things for you today...

I received an adorable ornament from a blog friend the other day in the mail
Thank you so much Cari!
It is crazy how someone can really know you and you have never met before :)
Check out Cari's blog at Adventures of the Roberts!
And no, we are not related, but she sure does know me pretty well :)

Final subject...
The month of December I participated in a daily photo challenge on Instagram under #klrphotoaday.
It was so much fun finding something to fit the theme of each day!

Between that challenge and Shay over at Mix and Match Family taking a photo a day in 2013, I have been inspired to take a photo a day in 2014 :)
Join me on Instagram with #xvsdailylife2014
I will do a weekly update here too for all of you non-instagram users :)


Linking up with Lisa & Kristen!


Don't forget to follow me on TwitterPinterestInstagram, and Bloglovin!



post signature

4 comments:

  1. we were lame NYE...we watched a movie and were in bed by 10:30 lol

    I am not a fan of sauerkraut...the smell just makes me gag lol....

    That cupcake looks so good!!!! I love how X just dug in so cute

    YAY!!! You got it :) I was going to send you a tweet and see if you got it yet

    happy new year to you and your boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I am usually asleep by 10 because I am exhausted from fighting Xavier to go to bed! This was a rare night for me :)

      Same here! That smell was horrible! Thankfully they didn't mix it with the pork!

      Thanks! He sure does love cupcakes...ice cream, not so much!

      Thank you and Happy New Year to the 3 of you as well :)

      Delete
  2. How adorable are those cupcakes?! Yum! The High 85 looks hilarious, I love that they tried it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious! Cutting out sweets for the rest of the month so that was a great last treat :)

      It was hilarious! A 32 year old women and her 8 year old daughter :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts