Slider

Our Home Renovation | Bedroom Edition

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Welcome!
If you missed my post last week, head here to check out where we are now in our home renovation.

If you are new around here, we moved into my husband's childhood home 4 years ago this month.
I knew my husband loved the land, so we agreed to tackle renovating the home in the near future.
 You can read and see all the before pictures here.

I mentioned last week that I was starting a weekly series sharing our home inspiration, as well as updates as we go.

Today I am kicking things off with X's bedroom.
We asked X back when this whole thing started what color he would like his bedroom to be.
He said red 😄
Now I know some of you will be appalled by that, and others will welcome the freedom to not have everything so cookie cutter.

I personally love the idea of a red bedroom!

It is my favorite color after all ;)

So I went to work searching for red bedrooms online and Pinterest.

It is amazing how many people are scared to paint rooms red.
I see a wall or two, but not the whole room.

I should back up for a moment and let you know that the rest of the house is going to be fairly neutral.

I'm talking a lighter gray shade.
We'll get to that down the road.

So back to X's room!

Here are some of the things I envision when the room is complete.
The general color scheme for his room will look something like this...



It will NOT be an Ohio State room.

Nor will it be a football theme.
It will have a sports theme though.
I am hoping to incorporate more black and white photos of him or something like the photos below that has football, baseball, soccer, and basketball.





And maybe some quotes framed on the walls as well.



He will have a similar desk like the one below in his room.




He also wants a bench at the end of his bed, so these lockers could possibly be made into a bench or just be styled like they are below.





His bedroom door will be black, but the sliding barn door for his walk-in closet will be more wood tone to warm/soften the room.
His bedding will most likely be a mixture of white and gray, and he will have a lighter gray carpet.

And that is it.
We want X's bedroom to be a room that he will continue to enjoy throughout his teen years as well.

What color bedrooms do your kids have?
Is your home fairly neutral or is it bold with lots of color?
What brands of paint to you recommend?
What are your favorite shops or Etsy shops to get artwork for your kids bedrooms?
Have you built or renovated a home?

I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below :)


XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts