Slider

Summer Vacation 2019 Part 3

Monday, August 5, 2019

Happy Monday!
I'm coming at you today with my third and final installment of our vacation in South Carolina!
Head here to read/see part 1, and then part 2 :)

The pool area was definitely our favorite place to chill and cool off each day.
The beach was super relaxing, but the ocean water was SO HOT!
I've never felt it that hot before!
It wasn't even refreshing :(
Thankfully, the pool was cooler and wasn't crowded at all :)

My pool drink of choice were these White Claw Hard Seltzers.
We picked some up on our grocery shopping trip our first day, and they were perfect for the week.


And back at the house I had to make strawberry daiquiris!




The wildlife in this entire area is crazy!
From pelicans to gators, to snakes, to deer and more!



The view from the pool was really pretty too!
This was at low tide looking out on the marsh and inlet.



All cleaned up and ready for dinner!


Mic can eat his share of crab legs!
He ordered the 5 lb plate and went to town on them!


While we ate, this kid entertained.
He danced and goofed around the entire time.
I couldn't stop laughing!


And this is what Mic's plate looked like when he was done!



On our way home we saw this gorgeous orange moon!



We were only an hour away from one of my favorite cities, so on Wednesday we headed south to Savannah, Georgia for lunch :)



I tried to get a picture of us in one of my happy places, but the sun and heat were not very friendly.
#asgoodasitgets




This view never gets old!
That's the hotel we stayed in on our honeymoon almost 13 years ago :)


We had another spot in mind for lunch, but unfortunately it was closed :(
Due to the heat we weren't walking around too much either.
We made a last minute decision to stop in Paula Deen's restaurant for lunch and it worked out great.
The pot pie was delicious!


We headed back home and just enjoyed an evening at the house playing ping pong and such :)



Another day at the pool was just what the doctor ordered!


On this day, X made a friend in the pool!
🙌🙌🙌


We swam and enjoyed the sun all day before heading to dinner.
Friday was our last day, so we hit the pool early.



We soaked up as much sun and chlorine as we could before heading back to get cleaned up for an early dinner.


We had a great and relaxing week together!
We packed up and hit the road the next morning for Ohio.

Fortnite was having some BIG EVENT right while we were driving home.
So we planned accordingly, and were able to stop for lunch so X could grab some free wifi and watch it :)
#happykidhappydrive


Unfortunately, the traffic on 77 North was not moving in the northern parts of North Carolina or Virginia.
This was my view :(



It added a good hour + to our drive.
We made it about 3 1/2 hours from home and decided it was best to stop and get some rest.
We grabbed a quick dinner and a hotel room for the night.

Sunday morning we zipped through the rest of our trip and were home by lunch time :)
As much as I don't like being at home, it did feel good to be done driving and back in our own space.
Since we were still on vacation until we woke up Monday morning, we ordered some of our favorite pizza for dinner before calling it a night!


And just like that vacation was over and we were back to our normal routine.
Have you ever been to the Beaufort, South Carolina area?
If so, where did you stay?

A few things I came away with from this trip:

1. I am not a seafood person, but I did eat shrimp quite a bit over the week.
I have had my fill, and I probably won't be eating shrimp for another year ;)

2. Trying new places isn't a bad thing.
It was actually the most relaxing vacation I have ever been on :)

3. I absolutely love getting to spend time my guys!

And that is all for my vacation recap!
Thanks so much for following along with me :)

XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts