Slider

Let's Look | Favorite Binge Shows

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

I'm linking up with Shay & Erika for their Let's Look monthly party!


Today is all about your favorite binge worthy shows!

I'm going to be honest, I'm old school.
I am not really into binge watching TV shows.
I like the idea of waiting each week to see what will happen on the next episode.

I have watched some shows lately that I have watched in a more binge like manner.


Gossip Girl - This was the very first show I "binge" watched.
I had to test the waters with a show I had already seen and loved.
I actually rewatched it when we went to Disney a couple of years ago.
I realized something during that trial run of binge watching....I don't like rewatching things.
Don't get me wrong, if one of the TV shows or movies I absolutely love comes on TV I won't turn it off.
But I am not one who is going to sit down and watch something I saw before, over and over again.
So here are the only shows I have "binge" watched.


Blue Bloods - Honestly, I have seen an episode here and there over the years so I knew I liked this show.
When there was zero things to watch this summer, I decided to start from the beginning of the series.
I probably get through a handful of episodes a week.
I am currently on season 5 as I type this.


Riverdale - I never had any interest to watch this one until Luke Perry passed away earlier this year.
I just loved him on Beverly Hills 90210! And he's from Ohio, so he was extra special to me.
So I decided to give this one a go...and I love it!

I am completely through all of the seasons, and waiting for the next season to start :)


Game of Thrones - So I guess Gossip Girl wasn't the first show I binge watched. It was the first show I wanted to binge watch.
Mic started watching Game of Thrones a few years ago. 
I wasn't into it at all!
But it was the only time we got to spend together without X, so I started watching by the end of season 1.
They had already had 6 seasons, so we gradually watched 2-4 episodes a week.
I was completely caught up by the time the final season came out..and I wanted to watch it!
I had to see it through ;)


Schitt's Creek - I found this show on a complete whim and fell in love with it!
It.Is.Hilarious!!!
I'm anxiously waiting a new season to come out.


The Blacklist - This has always been one of my favorite shows, but when we moved I lost everything on my DVR :(
So I watched the last two seasons on Netflix and I'm completely ready to go for the newest season!



The Harry Potter & Lord of the Rings movies
Again, neither of these were something I wanted to see.
These were Mic's picks completely.
Each Harry Potter movie was harder for me to watch than the last (I'm a scaredy cat!).
And there wasn't anything about Lord of the Rings I liked!
But again, I had to complete the series once I started watching with Mic.


Here's the thing...I get bored and kind of depressed when I finish the show and then have to wait forever for the next season to come out.
It doesn't feel as long when I only get to see one episode a week from Fall to Spring.
Thank goodness it is almost Fall and all the new seasons of my favorite shows will be starting up soon!

I mean I have A Million Little Things - Returns September 26th, Riverdale, The Blacklist, This Is Us, The Village and more!




Do you binge watch shows?
If so, what ones?
Any recs for me?
What shows are you looking forward to returning this Fall?


XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts