Slider

Recipe Reshare | Pretzel S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Are you hosting or attending a party/cookout for July 4th?
I have a great dessert recipe for you that will please the kiddos and adults!
Trust me, your pan will be empty by the time you leave ;)

I actually shared this super easy recipe about 5 years ago, but it needs to be repeated it is so good!

The name alone is a mouthful!
These bars are AMAZING!!!


When I was trying to figure out what dessert to bring with me to the Ohio Bloggers Meet & Greet 
I knew I wanted to bring something that was true to me.
I talk about s'mores a lot. I mean A.LOT!!!
I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to all things s'mores for crying out loud!
And I truly hope to host an annual S'mores Party in the fall :)
(We did host one back in 2014, but we moved and I haven't been able to have another one 😞)
Doesn't that sound like so much fun?
Think about it...all desserts are s'mores of some kind and maybe even a few s'mores drinks!!! I am dying just thinking about it!

Anyways, back to the recipe.
I was looking through Pinterest when my daily/weekly email from Pillsbury showed up on my phone.
And what do my eyes see on my screen...a beautiful photo of Pretzel S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
It is like Pillsbury and I were on the same wave length.
Once I saw the photo and how super easy the recipe was I was sold!!!

I stopped by my local Kroger, picked up the ingredients, and rushed home to get things made.
So the pictures won't lie...I used Kroger brand for most of it.
What can I say...I am cheap. Or at least I buy what is on sale.

Here is what you will need...


2 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough with mini kisses
1 cup of pretzels

Directions
Preheat oven to 350* right away.
Line an 8 in. square pan with foil (I used a 9x11 dish and it was fine).
Spray foil with cooking spray.
Gently press cookie dough into the bottom of pan with fingers creating an even layer.


Bake 18 minutes or until center is set.
Remove the pan from the oven and add marshmallows, a layer of pretzels, and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
Place pan back into the 350* oven for 5 minutes.
To get the toasted marshmallow look, place under the broiler on low.
Watch it carefully!!! Even a few extra seconds can burn your marshmallows!


Remove pan from the oven and allow to cool completely (about 30 minutes) before cutting into squares.
Tip: Spray your knife with cooking spray to easily cut through the marshmallow.

Serve immediately or store in an air tight container up to 5 days.


As you can see from the photos above...
I used what I could find at the store for cookie dough and I subbed the square pretzels for a different look.
I also used more marshmallows and pretzels until I reached the look I desired.
They came out amazing!!!!

Want to give it that July 4th look?
Just toss a some red, white and blue M&M's, or any other candy in those colors on top in place/along with the chocolate chips!
And voila!
Totally festive!

Do you have any unique or fun s'more recipes to share?
I am always on the lookout for fun ways to enjoy a s'more :)



XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts