Slider

It's Going To Be A Hot One!

Friday, June 1, 2018

Linking up with Erika, Narci & Andrea for...
We kicked off Memorial Day weekend with a wedding on Friday evening.
It was a gorgeous spot, just a bit warm!
We took advantage of all the shade possible until the ceremony began :)



Thankfully, we found a table with a fan right above it and quickly cooled off after the ceremony!

As much as I am not a flower fan, it was a really neat setting to be in the greenhouse for the reception.
And look at these super yummy cupcakes!

These were a vanilla raspberry (I believe),


and these were chocolate with peanut butter frosting.





At the reception they serviced beer and wine.
These wine to be specific!
This moscato was really good to me :)
And check out that price....$3.99 a bottle at Aldi!

Saturday evening we had some much needed hangout time with friends :)

The rest of the weekend we we working, moving, packing, and cooking out.

And then we woke up and it was Tuesday!
While X went to his last morning of school, I joined some friends for breakfast before picking him up and heading to our favorite spot.
He got to pick out one special toy/game since he finished Kindergarten.
He toyed around with the idea of bringing this Black Panther mask and claws home, but ultimately when with a new game for the Switch.

And when we returned from the store, look what had arrived!
Eek!
I ordered these cups for my upcoming girls trip to Myrtle Beach and I think they turned out perfect!

Have you tried any of these Prep & Pared meal kits from Kroger?
I have always been intrigued by Hello Fresh and all the other meal services available, but the prices are just outrageous for where we live.
Kroger sells these boxes in the produce section for $16.
Downside...it only feeds two people :(


I think this is a great idea for people who don't like to cook, or know how.
I typically keep most of these ingrediants on hand, and in my opinion I think that $16 was a little expensive for what comes in the box.

Wednesday marked the first day that X and I were home together all day.
I am not sure how all of you work-from-home mom's do it!
Give me all your tips and tricks please!
I need to figure out how to keep X busy and happy (not just playing video games or watching youtube) while I am working.
Help!

I did manage to get a blog post to go live on Wednesday as well as get quite a bit of office work done...so there is hope!

Thankfully we had a t-ball game in the evening so we were happy to get out of the house!
It rained the entire game (hence the drowned rat look), but I think all the kiddos still had a great time!
And then X and I joined my dad and step mom at one of our favorite spots for dinner since Mic had to work late :)

And then the good times came to a screaching halt when X woke up and was diagnosed with pink eye :(
After a complete meltdown about being terrified of the eye drops,
I put the medicine in his eye and he didn't even realize it happened :/
These eye drops work fast!
After the first dose it already looks better and he won't be contagious by tomorrow morning.

And that my friends is it for this first week of working from home.
Score: Pink Eye 1, Me 0
Better luck next week I guess!

But before next week comes I am looking forward to an evening with friends attending the Zassy's Treasures Summer Vendor Market!
And then we have two t-ball games scheduled for this weekend too!

Hope you all have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts