Slider

Make It Happen!

Friday, March 23, 2018

It's Friday!
And that means it is time to link up with Erika, Narci & Andrea for...

Today is packed full of weekend fun, mail goodies, and more!
So grab your favorite morning beverage (or afternoon/evening -whenever you are reading this) and let's get into it!

I was WAY overdue for some new make up brushes!
I had received a few new ones here and there, but not a true set.
I didn't want to spend a ton of money, but wanted to get something that offered quite a few options since I just picked up a contour kit (that I love).
After checking the reviews I ordered this set on Amazon.
It arrived in two days and I love it!

They came in this great travel pouch and seem to work really well so far!

It opens up to this...



Friday night was the last night of Upwards basketball for X, so we got there early since they weren't practicing before the game this time.
X had so much fun getting to have some one-on-one time with his coach :)

This game was a lot different than the previous games.
They played three 6 minute quarters in each half, had an extended halftime where they walked out of the gym, and they had refs out there instead of the coaches! 



I think they all had so much fun, and truly improved so much!


We finished the season by celebrating at our favorite spot - Skyline Chili with some funnel cake fries :)

The next morning we were up cleaning and getting the house together for our last party before the remodeling begins.
But before the party, we hopped in the car with some of our favorites to go watch our local high school play in the Regional title game :)

X was pumped to ride in the 3rd row with one of his besties!

About an hour and half later we arrived at Bowling Green State University and were ready to cheer on the Lexington Minutemen!

This game was INTENSE from the moment it began!!!!


We played Bay Village (super close to where I grew up) and they were really good!
I swear every single kid on their team was an excellent 3 point shooter!
And their big guy in the middle was able to block shots really well.

But thankfully, Big Lex was only down about 5 at the half.
And they made some changes when they got back on the court to really stop the 3 point shot.
And we took the lead!!!!
Honestly, I don't know how I had any nails left by the end of the game.
But in the last 7 seconds we were up by 1 point and Bay had the ball.
They threw up 2 shots, yes you read that correctly, 2 shots and neither went in!
The buzzer went off and it was over!
LEXINGTON WON!!!!!!





So what am I, and most of Lexington doing today and fingers crossed tomorrow?
Heading to Columbus for the State Tournament to cheer them on!
#finalfourherewecome
X's school even made them a sign.
He told me he signed his name by the L in Lex :)

Today we play Akron St. Vincent/St. Mary's.....LeBron James' high school :/
Wish us luck!!!!!


That evening we celebrated the big win, a couple birthdays, and one of my favorite holidays...St. Patrick's Day!!




I love doing life with these ladies!
My only complaint about the above picture....WHY are my cheeks trying to eat my eyes??? ;)
And how is it possible to have so many dimples in my cheeks???

And here was our whole crew!

And than this is what X and I did pretty much all Sunday.
College Basketball and snuggles with my little guy = All the heart eye emojis :)


I received some more happy mail this week when my Spanx Faux Leather Leggings arrived, as well as my Old Navy order!
I have tried to order the leggings before, but my order never gets filled :(
This time I was able to grab them for 20% too!
I'll post pictures of what I received from Old Navy next week, but if you head out shopping or hop online order these!
So comfy! And they look great!!!!


On the blog this week I posted about my Hair Care Routine.
You'll want to check out my whole post, but if you don't....you need at least this in your life!
You can thank me later ;)


And I shared some Non-Candy Easter Basket Ideas :)
Plus, I want to know what you received in your basket as a kid!


With the big game today, all schools in the district are cancelled.
But we also, had a snow this week as well!
Hello Spring in Ohio!
But when X did have school and homework, he showed off his multi-tasking skills to me ;)

With my beach trip getting closer, I needed to step up my game!
I have be doing all the workouts on Beachbody On Demand.
This week I have tried the Core de Force MMA style workouts and they are kicking my butt in the best way!
#sweatieselfie #thisis39

Apparently, this is the week of selfies for me! lol!
I followed Jen's tutorial on how she styles her hair (on my 3 day hair) and it worked so good!
I had to snap a pic!


Instagram is getting all the praise hands emojis this week!






#truth :)

And on that note I am calling it a week!
Ready and praying for lots of good basketball this weekend :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts