Slider

Oktoberfest 2018

Monday, October 8, 2018

This past weekend is always one of my very favorite times of the year!
Oktoberfest!
🍺🍺🍺
This year we attended two different celebrations.
Our small town hosted their 1st Annual Oktoberfest put on by the Athletic Boosters/Kiwanis Club.

Of course we had to rock our hats! ;)


The first night was the same evening as the homecoming football game, so there was only about 100-200 people there while we were there.
I hear it picked up quite a bit after we left.
And I hear Saturday had a good turnout as well!
Fingers crossed they continue this event every year :)

On to the big event of the weekend...Oktoberfest in Minster, Ohio
I came across these earrings (currently sold out) awhile back and knew I had to have them for Oktoberfest!

We hopped in our cars and in a little over 2 hours we were there and ready to have some fun!
Bobbie Jo was the newbie this year, so our first stop was to get her a hat!

Mic and I picked up a couple new pins too!
(You'll see those further down this post)

Vinnie is always a good time!
Anytime someone asks him to take a picture he must take a selfie on their phone first. lol!


Despite the storm that was rolling in, that sky looked gorgeous!

We quickly found a spot in one of the tents while we waited for the storm to pass.


Oh Mic!
It did actually say to stand there to take a picture, but he of course had to add his own wings ;)

These guys are such a fun bunch!
(Mic, Dave, Brian & Vinnie)

And Kelli, Bobbie Jo, and Jody are truly some of the best friends!

The rained passed and it was time to get some food!
I knew what I was headed for...


But first, we had to take a silly selfie 😜

And they aren't kidding when they say Giant Tenderloin!!!



After some fun in the game tent, we headed back to the entertainment tent for some dancing!


We ended the evening at the Wooden Shoe.
It is a local bar that everyone tries to cram into when the festival ends, but it so much fun!


And then we walk back to our "home" for the night...with some silliness along the way 😉

We were definitely tired the next day, but it is always so much fun to get away with good friends for a night!

Here are the new pins I picked up this year...
I wanted a pretzel pin for awhile, so Mic ordered those for us after last year.
The house I picked up this year at the festival,
and the Minster Oktoberfest shoe was given to me this year.

Brian gave us the wooden shoes last year and I just love them!

We all got the 2018 Oktoberfest pin to add to our hats,
and Mic and I each got matching beer mug pins since it was our anniversary :)

I feel like I blinked and the fun was over :/
But I did come home and get to watch the Cleveland Browns win against the Ravens so the weekend definitely didn't disappoint!
Now for Mic and I to find a time to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary that fell on Sunday :)

Have you ever attended a Oktoberfest celebration?
I would love to hear your stories in the comments below!

XOXO ~ Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for post nice blog.. keep sharing

    Missing Munich Beer Festival? Enjoy Hofbräu Oktoberfest in Downtown Cleveland to celebrate Munich festival of beer. Oktoberfest in Cleveland

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts