Slider

Holiday Questionnaire

Thursday, December 10, 2015

As soon as I saw this questionnaire that Kimm posted, I knew I needed to steal join the the fun!

Holiday Questionnaire

A holiday tradition:  As a kid we always got to pick one small gift to open on Christmas Eve night. 
It was always so much fun!
We started a similar tradition when X was born. We open one big gift made out to all of us.
It usually contains new pj's for each of us, hot chocolate, popcorn, possibly candy, and a new movie for us to enjoy before bed that night.

What you'd love to see Santa bring you most this year:  I have had my eye on a new camera for awhile now, so I am hoping Santa decides this is the year :)

What's your go-to stocking stuffer item:  Either socks or Chapstick! Both of them are always needed during the winter months in Ohio.

Who is the hardest to shop for during the holidays:  Either Mic or my dad. Mainly due to the fact they are both so tall and it is hard to find anything in their sizes.

Favorite winter accessory:  SCARVES!

Christmas tree lights..colors or all white:  I am a colored lights girl all the way! Unfortunately, my husband is not. 
So all of our trees are white lights :(

Favorite holiday cocktail:  Not sure if it is a holiday cocktail, but I like to drink White Russians around the holidays.

Favorite holiday food:  Ham! Honestly, we don't eat it much throughout the year, so I look forward to having it every Christmas.

Do you have a good white-elephant gift idea:  No :( I have a really hard time giving any gift that isn't truly useful.

Do you have a funny picture of you and Santa as a kid (post if you do):  Thankfully, there are none that I know of.

Do you like candy canes:  I like the idea of candy canes, but I usually don't like to eat them.

Hot chocolate...marshmallows or no marshmallows:  You can't have hot chocolate without marshmallows! And redi whip too!

Favorite holiday song:  I love them all honestly! Favorite, hmm....Holy Night, Silent Night, O' come all ye faithful.

Favorite holiday movie:  The Grinch! I love the Jim Carrey version. I have had birthday parties with the Grinch theme (my birthday is December 16th), ornaments, etc.

A funny holiday story:  Funny now....When I was about 8 or 9 years old we were at my grandparents house on Christmas Eve. We were getting ready to leave for church and my grandma had a bag of presents for my parents to bring back to our house for us to open the next morning. (My grandparents always came over in the morning, but just had my dad bring the presents the night before) My dad asked me to carry the bag to the car, but when I went to grab the handles I noticed something odd at the top of the bag.
Clear as day was a new Barbie doll wrapped and addressed "To Vanessa, From Santa".
I went off! lol!
I starting screaming about Santa not coming to houses until midnight and there was no way it was from him.
It was a scene!
Needless to say, from that moment on I doubted Santa's existence.

Have you ever been on a sleigh ride:  Sledding - yes, carriage ride - yes, sleigh - no. 
But I have a big sleigh in the barn that I am hoping to refinish and use in the future :)

A fun holiday memory:  Going to church with my parents and grandparents as a kid. I just loved getting all dressed up for a special Christmas Eve service.
The best part of it for me came at the end when they would turn out all of the lights and we would sing Silent Night by the light of candles.
It felt so magical as a kid.

Let me know if you decide to play along as well.
I would love to read your answers :)

Make sure to link your #ThinkingOutLoudThursday post below!
And link back to X-tremely V & Penny's Passion in your post :)





7 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I did one two years back but I might have to steal yours :-)
    I've never been on a sleigh but now I want to… and yeah, I can't see myself crunching on a candy cane…. blech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sleigh ride has been on my list every year for awhile and the past couple years there just hasn't been enough snow. Here's hoping this year is the year.
    Deena
    Shoes to Shiraz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! And love having one gift for the family on Christmas Eve to open! Have a wonderful holiday season!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh when you said SCARVES! It's my fave too! I especially love your holiday memories :) My funny one was when my sister found out. She saw a picture my mom took of the tree with all of the presents under it. The clock in the background said 10 o'clock so she said, "He's not real! The presents were there before midnight!" Haha Loved your answers! Thanks for hosting! -Jess, Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, you and you'r scarves! Can never have too many, and they are predicting a cold winter for us, so hopefully I'll actually get to wear them! Your husband is like me, I want white and Mr. wants colored lights, so we do both to please both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL- definitely laughing at the "From Santa" episode!! ;) I almost always put socks as part of Jared's stocking each year- practical and he always seems to need them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this little questionnaire! I might just have to borrow too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts